Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
803650 Job Summary
Human Resources Generalist
Employer Job Id:
September 20, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
November 20, 2012
Human Resources Generalist
- At[Company] , our goal is to be the best company in the world! [Company] is the world's leading producer and manager of primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum and alumina facilities, and is active in all major aspects of the industry. [Company] serves the aerospace, automotive, packaging, building and construction, commercial transportation, and industrial markets, bringing design, engineering, production, and other capabilities of [Company] businesses as a single solution to customers.
- Provides consultation and services to internal customers on a variety of complex Human Resource issues. Actively works with customers to develop and implement Human Resource solutions to strategic business challenges. Proactively addresses major employee relations issues to foster a positive and productive work environment. This position will report directly to the Human Resources Manager in Waco.
- Consults and counsels with management and employees on a variety of human resource issues, emphasizing proactive delivery of required solutions that align with business strategies.
- Constantly seeks to improve the capabilities and performance of the organization’s human assets.
- Fosters a positive employee relations climate through the education, training, and consulting required for management to deal effectively with identified issues.
- Analyzes areas of concern and supports development and implementation of creative approaches to remedy identified challenges.
- Facilitates internal and external recruitment and selection processes to ensure high quality employment decisions and compliance with company policy and government regulations.
- Prepares Affirmative Action Plans and supports attainment of established affirmative action goals and objectives.
- Supports equitable administration of the organization’s total compensation program.
- Reviews compensation activity for factory personnel to ensure proper policy application.
- Participates in compensation system and process design activities to equitably reward team and individual performance.
- Conducts investigations on complex human resource issues and formulates remedial action plans based on findings.
- Remains current on human resource-related practices and laws.
- training and development programs. Ensures that the training record database is properly maintained.
- Continuously seeks to improve Human Resource policies, programs, and processes.
- Conducts all job responsibilities in accordance with company conduct and ethics policies. Performs other duties as required.
- Ensure that all work activities are performed in accordance with established safety and environmental standards.
- Maintains full compliance with Company policies and procedures and conducts all activities in accordance with the [Company] Guide to Business Conduct.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of and commitment to [Company] Business Systems manufacturing principles and techniques.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Seven to ten years of experience performing a variety of human resource activities which has developed the required competencies.
- Proven ability to interact positively and effectively with individuals from all levels and functions within the company and with a variety of individuals and organizations external to the company.
- Strong organizational skills to handle high volumes of work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment while maintaining excellent delivery and quality performance.
- Proven oral and written communications skills to convey information clearly and effectively.
- Solid listening skills to gather information for understanding.
- A solid knowledge of mainframe human resource information systems and personal computers, including word-processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
- A knowledge of process improvement techniques and demonstrated ability to increase value to customers through elimination of non-value added work.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Psychology, or a related field is preferred or an equivalent combination of experience and education which has imparted the required knowledge, skill and ability.
- Certification at the PHR or SPHR level is very desirable.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
11 - 15 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List