Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
803651 Job Summary
Engineer III, Manufacturing
Employer Job Id:
August 3, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
October 2, 2012
Engineer III, Manufacturing
- At[Company] , our goal is to be the best company in the world! [Company] is the world's leading producer and manager of primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum and alumina facilities, and is active in all major aspects of the industry. [Company] serves the aerospace, automotive, packaging, building and construction, commercial transportation, and industrial markets, bringing design, engineering, production, and other capabilities of [Company] businesses as a single solution to customers.
- This position reports to Director of Operations in Torrance.
- Performs a variety of engineering assignments, with considerable latitude, in developing and implementing production/processing methods and controls to meet quality/safety standards in the most cost efficient manner.
- Applies knowledge of materials and states of energy to practical production uses.
- Assist in the developing and mentoring of upcoming professionals.
- Direct and control process control studies to create optimal process parameters translation to standard and rework procedures for production/processing methods and controls to meet quality/safety standards in the most efficient manner.
- Develop and conduct training on process theory and control parameters.
- Communicate standardized instructions in most appropriate medium i. e., on written or video.
- Evaluate data from process capability studies on machines, gauges and human factors.
- Direct the search for high leverage technology through evaluation and monitoring of machine tool industry and competitor practices.
- Direct and develop specifications, evaluate potential sources, provide economic justification and conduct risk assessment for equipment selection.
- Using team-based skills facilitates continuous improvement activities such as, cost reduction, process improvement and identifies areas that need systemic problem solving.
- Integrate resources in manufacturing environment by recommendations of machine compliments and development of equipment layout.
- Recommend and implement improvement and/or modifications in sequence of operations, equipment utilization, and related matters.
- Analyze preliminary product design for manufacturing cost, equipment requirements, environmental consideration and quality implications.
- Monitor assigned operations to assure compliance with approved methods and quality/safety standards.
- Review proposal of outside vendors regarding the purchase of new or modernization of existing production/processing equipment.
- Review rejections by the Quality Assurance system, update manufacturing routing based on cost.
- Interact with the Product Engineering department inside the facility and with outside suppliers.
- Bachelor’s Degree from four years college or university in Industrial, Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering, or Industrial Technology.
- 7 to 10 years directly related manufacturing experience
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, established facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficient personal computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Training in design of experiments, quality function deployment and design for manufacturing.
- Training in set-up reduction techniques.
- Familiar with all the plant machines.
- Proficient in computer based Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) software/system for processing rework and rejections.
- Must be able to communicate with the team to improve the work.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
- Special vision required such as close and color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List