CareerMine Job Id:
803656 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
December 10, 2013
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
February 10, 2014
- [Company] is the world’s leading producer of primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum and alumina. In addition to inventing the modern-day aluminum industry,[Company] innovation has been behind major milestones in the aerospace, automotive, packaging, building and construction, commercial transportation, consumer electronics and industrial markets over the past 120 years. Among the solutions [Company] markets are flat-rolled products, hard alloy extrusions, and forgings, as well as [Company] wheels, fastening systems, precision and investment castings, and building systems in addition to its expertise in other light metals such as titanium and nickel-based super alloys. Sustainability is an integral part of [Company] operating practices and the product design and engineering it provides to customers. [Company] has been a member of the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for nine consecutive years and approximately 75 percent of all of the aluminum ever produced since 1888 is still in active use today. [Company] employs approximately 59,000 people in 31 countries across the world. This position is within our [Company] Fastening Systems group. Our Industrial [Company] Fastening Systems team offers over a century of experience creating innovative fastener products and solutions serving the commercial transportation, automotive, industrial, and construction markets. Our fasteners and installation tooling are used to assemble everything from trucks and truck trailers, buses, railcars, and automobiles to HVAC equipment, satellite dishes, electronic cabinetry and shopping carts. Our extensive product line includes blind rivets, blind bolts, Lockbolts, and a full line of pneudraulic and hydraulic tooling and installation equipment. This position will be based in our Carson CA facility and will report to the Director of Operations.
- Responsible for organizing, planning, implementation and follow-through of [Company] and continuous improvement initiatives established by [Company] “Lean Manufacturing” approach, designed to improve on-time delivery, productivity, quality and cost. Responsible for assignment, supervision & development of Intern employees.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Facilitate successful “Kaizen – Rapid Improvement Process” events with consultants and locally focused improvement events. Support all follow-through required and assist in sustaining improvements established during events.
- Coordinate and deliver team-based training and the ABS training.
- Act as internal consultant and catalyst to assist individuals and teams in the application of ABS, Lean Manufacturing principles and techniques to improve operations.
- Support leadership at all levels to meet business improvement metrics through the application of Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen techniques, and ABS II. Establish reporting and communication processes to inform organizations of results and opportunities.
- Facilitate consistent/uniform approaches for visual controls and productivity measurements to be utilized throughout product teams and the factory.
- Assist team leaders in team skills to support meeting management, project management, improvements, results, etc.
- Provide overall guidance and consultation to AFS-Carson team focusing on the perfection of Lean Manufacturing techniques. Identify opportunities for improvements and continually evaluate results while sustaining what has been gained.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures and environmental health and safety rules.
- Work in a safe manner that promotes the health and well-being of the individual and the environment.
- Comply with all EHS rules and regulations and supervisory instructions.
- Report all incidents including injuries, spills, fires, property damage, and near misses to their supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Formal training or working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles and Kaizen-Rapid Improvement Processes.
- Minimum 5+years’ experience in manufacturing work environment.
- Must have a “can do”/do it now” mentality and the ability to overcome obstacles, both technical and non-technical.
- Requires high energy and focused planning and organizing skills.
- Strong facilitation and training skills are needed to deliver Lean Manufacturing concepts, principles and practices.
- Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations is required.
- Must have strong team building skills and be successful in facilitating team-based initiatives.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, business process improvement knowledge, and ability to train others with diverse backgrounds and education levels.
- Thorough knowledge of, and experience with, time-based improvement methods.
- Knowledge of general quality and production concepts also required.
- Technical degree preferred.
- Background in manufacturing, leadership, industrial/mechanical/materials engineering, production control, or quality are strongly preferred.
A CareerMine Job Access Subscription is required to access Response instructions and apply to this job.
Get access to ALL jobs posted in CareerMine for a nominal amount.
Subscribe to CareerMine
CareerMine offers the most mining jobs for the lowest price.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List