Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
803672 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
August 3, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
October 2, 2012
About [Company] Corporation
- [Company] is a global multi-industry manufacturing leader committed to operational excellence and execution. With operations in over 35 countries with over 17,000 employees, we specialize in a diverse range of products serving various industries including power and energy, process equipment, vehicle diagnostic tools, pharmaceutical, food and beverage and oil and gas.
- We are currently recruiting talent to focus on innovation, expert technology, service and product leadership that will provide critical solutions that help businesses around the globe perform at optimal levels. We hope you will consider joining our dynamic team.
Business Unit Description
- [Company] is recognized as the largest U.S. manufacturer of medium power transformers. Headquartered in Waukesha, WI with other manufacturing facilities in Goldsboro, NC and Dallas, TX, we deliver the highest quality power delivery system products and services to our customers, often custom designed to meet specific requirements or applications.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- The Design Engineer acts as a project leader and is responsible for the overall design of the transformer and conformance to the specifications. Completes the core and coil design and provides leadership to the mechanical and controls group. The Design Engineer looks to the Senior Design Engineers or Engineering Manager for guidance when needed.
- Position requires a BS in Engineering, preferably Electrical Engineering, and two to three years’ experience in transformer design or equivalent experience. Must be experienced with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access. Programming experience in Visual Basic may be required if position involves programming.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and limitations is necessary. Good interpersonal skills are needed to work well with other engineers to set design practices and to interface with manufacturing personnel. The ability to write design practices and to train others requires good communication skills, both oral and written. Must be able to prioritize, plan, and schedule work in order to meet deadlines on several overlapping projects. Requires considerable judgment and ingenuity.
- Position requires an Associate’s degree, preferably in Mechanical Engineering Technology/Drafting and Design, and two to three years’ experience in transformer design in applicable area (mechanical design or controls design). Prefer experience in Pro/E for Mechanical positions and AutoCAD for Controls positions. Prefer experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access. Must be able to prioritize, plan, and schedule work in order to meet deadlines on several overlapping projects. Requires sound judgment and ingenuity. Requires good communication skills, both oral and written.
- The above description covers the principle functions of that job. It is not intended to be a complete listing of all miscellaneous incidental or substantially similar duties which may be assigned during normal or emergency operations
- Perform specification reviews with marketing to clarify the customer’s specification.
- Design power transformers and perform needed modifications to standard approach, including development and manufacturing technique changes to meet customer specification requirements.
- Provide design information to mechanical and controls designers and provide guidance to them as well as helping to train design engineers.
- Review the approval drawings for errors and conformance to specifications.
- Create bill of material for core and coils, as well as long lead items such as LTC and bushings.
- Perform departmental and multi-functional reviews with the shop to review designs for errors.
- Perform multi-functional tollgating to inspect the transformer at the core and coil stage and at completion to verify the transformer meets the design.
- Prepare certified test reports.
- Work with customers and suppliers on joint projects.
- Work on cost reduction, quality improvement, and productivity improvement projects
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List