Underground Geotechnical Engineer
- Residential and home every night to family
- Work for a Global Mining House
- Excellent $$$ and benefits
Design & Build is seeking a Underground Geotechnical Engineer for a Mining Operator in Regional Queensland. This role reports to the Technical Services Manager and is a site based role.
Living and working in regional QLD this is an excellent opportunity to source a residential position working a 5:2 and 4:3 roster and be home every night
Key responsibilities of the Underground Geotechnical Engineer will include:
• Develop and validate a geotechnical model for the current site
• Provide communication of geotechnical risks to the business
• Provide geotechnical advice and strategies to support the mine planning and scheduling
• Some contract management and project supervision
• Maintain and support health and safety on site at all times and complete risk assessment
To succeed in the of Geotechnical Engineer role you will need:
• Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field (Geotechnical or Mining)
• A minimum of 5 years experience in geotechnical practices and previous experience in mining and resources
• Experience in coal or similar
• Underground experience is a necessity
• Good report writing skills and communication
• Competitive salary package
• Good team culture
• Work for one of the leading global mining houses
• Residential role (home every night)
• Excellent access to school, healthcare and social activities
Please note that not all applications will be answered and only short listed candidates will be responded to.
If you feel you are not suitable for this role but would like to discuss other opportunities please contact us to have a confidential discussion.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.