Job ID - 012-130-M
Reporting to the Chief Metallurgist, the Metallurgist coordinates activities, information, materials or resources within own area of responsibility to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
Additional responsibilities include:
- On a daily, weekly and monthly basis monitor and report on mill performance and project work
- Plan and conduct both metallurgical and/or in-plant test work to assist in process improvement or troubleshooting
- Apply investigative and continuous improvement principles at personal, group and operational levels
- Develop expertise in various unit operations and provide training to others
- Liaise with external resources as required (vendors, head office Engineering and Projects department)
AREVA has been exploring for uranium, developing uranium mines and producing uranium concentrate for more than 40 years. Headquartered in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, AREVA Resources Canada is one of Canada's leading uranium producers, accounting for 6 million pounds of uranium concentrate in 2011.
AREVA is committed to protecting the environment, health and safety of the people where it operates.
Employees are at the centre of everything we do at AREVA. A career with AREVA not only includes competitive wages and benefits, but also opportunities for professional development, a relaxed, inspiring work environment and a focus on balancing work and home life. Experience a career with real energy.
Skills and Qualifications for the position include:
- Working knowledge of process design and metallurgical unit operations
- Ability to provide a positive leadership style and engage resources at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to ensure clarity amongst a diverse stakeholder group
- Comfortable working in an industrial plant and laboratory environment
- Strong computer skills in MS Office suite and ability to learn other applications as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Metallurgical or Chemical Engineering and eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in Saskatchewan.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in mineral and/or chemical processing
Place of Work:
- McClean Lake site
- 7 days in and 7 days out work schedule