Job ID - 012-118-M
AREVA Resources Canada has an opportunity for a permanent Chemical Laboratory Technician at our McClean Lake Operation.
General responsibilities include:
- Perform routine Mill and Environmental assays in accordance with established test procedures in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Ensure safety and hygiene standards and conditions are maintained in area.
- Responsible for equipment operation, maintenance and housekeeping; performs minor maintenance orientated tasks.
- Maintain appropriate, accurate records of analysis, equipment condition and calibration.
- Alert laboratory supervision of any irregularities which may have an effect on analytical accuracy, sample throughput and instrument operation.
- Effectively work and communicate with the supervisor, laboratory technicians, mill personnel and cross shift.
- Carry out other procedures and assignments as required with supervision.
- Troubleshoot problem areas, confirm analytical accuracy, and perform instrument calibration under the direction of the supervisor.
AREVA has been exploring for uranium, developing uranium mines and producing uranium concentrate for more than 40 years.
Headquartered in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, AREVA Resources Canada is one of Canada's leading uranium producers, accounting for 6 million pounds of uranium concentrate in 2011.
AREVA is committed to protecting the environment, health and safety of the people where it operates.
Employees are at the centre of everything we do at AREVA. A career with AREVA not only includes competitive wages and benefits, but also opportunities for professional development, a relaxed, inspiring work environment and a focus on balancing work and home life. Experience a career with real energy.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Graduate of a recognized Laboratory Technology program (Chemical, Medical, Biotech) or a University degree in Chemistry
- Previous experience is considered an asset
Work Location & Schedule:
- McClean Lake
- 7 in / 7 out - 77 hours/week
- 2 year term position
Pick-Up Points: Saskatoon, Prince Albert, La Ronge, Buffalo Narrows and the designated communities in the Athabasca region of Camsel Portage, Uranium City, Stony Rapids, Fond du Lac and Wollaston