AREVA Resources Canada has an opportunity for an Industrial Mechanic to join our team in the Mill Maintenance Department. This position reports to the Mill Maintenance Supervisor.
General responsibilities include:
- The inspection and repair of equipment used in milling, reagent preparation and water treatment
- Repairs and associated work with outside water distribution lines, pond liners and equipment
- Cooperation and participation in the mill and site preventative maintenance programs
- Willingness to participate in the creation of new equipment bill of materials and preventative maintenance plans
- Develop strong trade relationships within the maintenance group, along with other working groups such as operations, services and the mine group
- The use of all skillsets taught in the millwright trade is expected
- Good understanding of pumps and other mechanical equipment related to the mill operation is an asset
AREVA Resources Canada, with its head office in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, is a world leading uranium exploration, mining and milling company. AREVA Resources Canada operates the McClean Lake and Midwest projects as well as the Cluff Lake mine, which is being decommissioned. AREVA Resources Canada is a partner in the McArthur River mine and Key Lake mill, and the Cigar Lake project.
AREVA supplies solutions for carbon-free power generation. Its expertise and know-how in this field are setting the standard, and its responsible development is anchored in a process of continuous improvement.
As the global nuclear industry leader, AREVA's unique integrated offer to utilities covers every stage of the fuel cycle, nuclear reactor design and construction, and related services. The group is also expanding considerably in renewable energies - wind, solar, bioenergies, hydrogen and storage - to be one of the top three in this sector worldwide in 2012.
Every day, AREVA's 48,000 employees cultivate the synergies between these two major carbon-free offers, helping to supply safer, cleaner and more economical energy to the greatest number of people.
- Interprovincial Journeyperson Industrial Mechanics certificate
- Mining and industrial mill experience is an asset
- Capable of working in a remote mine site
- Rate of pay will be, as per the CBA
Work Location & Schedule: McClean Lake 7 in / 7 out - 77 hours/week
We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and flexible work options, as well as a uniquely diverse and unified team of professionals. Our culture supports an environment where employees can continuously learn and gain professional growth through education, exciting projects and career mobility. AREVA recognizes your achievements and excellent performance through various performance incentive, recognition and reward programs. Our commitment is to you, the employee.
Come work in an environment that is driven by integrity, innovation and visionary thinking. Join AREVA today, revolutionize the energy industry and energize your future!