A great opportunity based on site for this EPCM Plant project has arisen on the East Coast for an experienced contracts engineer with Tier 1 contractor and EPCM experience.
With a 12 months contract role on offer this opportunity is available in 4-6 weeks!!
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Senior Contracts Engineer. Based on site and also in the office this role will be involved for the construction phase of a specific work package dedicated to development of at least 2 interesting and challenging projects including an upgrade of an existing plant facility and also a fuel storage project in NSW.
This Contracts role will assist the Contracts Manager to ensure the success of these construction projects and will work closely with the Contracts Manager to help implement and administer contracts and procurement processes, create and update contract schedules and contract originations and ensure the successful delivery of the project within schedule and budget.
Other duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Ensure the company’s procurement policies and procedures are followed
- Review the scope of work, plans and estimates and ensure that all site work is executed in accordance with the relevant contracts and procedures
- Track variations/scope changes/rework associated with works
- Monitor and report to management on progress, safety, cost and quality performance
- Contract schedules
- Origination of Contracts
The main focus for the Contracts Engineer will be to ensure all contracts are compliant with legal statutes and adhere to all terms agreed to between the contractors, vendors and suppliers concerned. The role will play a key part in all administration and procedures relating to contract evaluation, contract administration and claims negotiation and variation.
If this is role interests you, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- At least 8 years experience in a similar role on a Plant Project
- Previous experience of 1-2 yrs on a Tier 1 contractor team
- A tertiary qualification in a field of Engineering (or extensive industry experience) while not a requirement will be viewed favorably
- Specific work packages experience which may include SMP and Process Plant
- To be able to demonstrate strong interpretation, communication and organisational skills