Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
804401 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
August 4, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
October 3, 2012
- Founded in Canada in 1960, [Company] is a respected, employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in earth, environment, and related areas of energy. Our clients span the world's major economic drivers: oil and gas, mining, manufacturing, power, transportation, water resources, and more. Our 7,000 people deliver technical understanding, cross-disciplinary thinking and a passion to help our clients succeed.
- The [Company] is consistently voted a top consulting firm to work for and operates out of more than 40 offices across the country from Anchorage, Alaska to Tampa, Florida. Since the first office opened in 1968, we have built a reputation for providing innovative, quality solutions. From our initial strength in geotechnical engineering, our services expanded to meet the increasing range of client needs, including environmental compliance and remediation. [Company] is currently seeking amid-level Geophysicist for the Redmond, Washington office.
- Data acquisition, analysis, interpretation, reporting and project management.
- Field team leader to acquire and process ground and marine geophysical data sets derived from various techniques including: resistivity, magnetic, and electromagnetic, seismic, borehole and other methods;
- Technical liaison with other project teams, clients, or client representatives;
- Communicate geophysical results and survey progress with clients and management;
- Preparation of technical reports and final deliverables;
- Project management of small to medium –sized projects
- Candidate must possess a BS in geoscience; MS preferred.
- Practical field experience - 5 or more years of dedicated field experience with ground or marine geophysical systems;
- Has working knowledge in the operation of various geophysical instrumentations;
- Minimum 4 years’ experience with data analysis, interpretation and/or project management of engineering and environmental geophysical projects;
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal;
- Possess strong computer skills including: word processing, spreadsheets, GIS and/or CAD applications, geophysical modeling and mapping packages;
- Ability to learn new software packages and some knowledge of open-source environment;
- Personal skills: organized, works well within a team, self-motivated, attention to detail, strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Knowledge of geology, geotechnical engineering and exploration an asset.
- Candidate is expected to rely on experience and judgment to plan and perform a variety of field and office tasks. Must be available to independently conduct geophysical surveys within the U.S. and internationally under the direction of a senior geophysicist. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required and being a team player is a must. Must be willing to travel for extended periods of time, often with a minimal amount of notice.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Health and Safety Manager
<1 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List