- Opportunity to join an Australian Coal Exploration and development company
- Suits an experienced environmental professional who has experience in EIS
- Salary from $120K plus super plus employer benefits
A great opportunity to join one of the fastest growing companies in Australia, due to continued and sustained growth, an exploration mining company base in Brisbane is seeking expression of interest for a suitably qualified Senior Environmental Advisor
to join the EIS team based in Brisbane.
Reporting to the Principle Environmental, you are a Senior Environmental professional that can fulfill environmental planning, audit and as well as manage the EIS process, You will provide high value environmental permitting and compliance services; leading an internal and/or external team as required to meet client needs.
You will be responsible for:
- Undertaking environmental permitting and approvals
- Using you established network within the Australian Mining industry to help develop new business opportunities and grow the division
- Coordination of environmental impact assessment work
- Provision of strategic advice and reviews
- Technical reporting and interpretation
- Assisting project teams with site inspections for effective works management and compliance with agreements and environmental codes
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science/Engineering/Management or equivalent with extensive demonstrated experience.
- Experience in Environmental Impact Statements/Environmental Management Plans/environmental auditing.
- Direct experience working on mining sites is desirable.
- Understanding of environmental requirements and experience dealing with regulators.
- Ability to project manage medium to large projects.
- Ability to effectively liaise with clients and other key stakeholders
We're looking for a confident, motivated self starter who has an ability to work to stipulated timeframes and budgets, and be able to prioritise a range of activities. Good analytical and problem solving skills are also important, as is a willingness to work hard, with ambition and creativity.