Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
806055 Job Summary
Learning and Development Specialist
Employer Job Id:
August 8, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
October 7, 2012
Learning and Development Specialist
- [Company] brings advanced equipment, systems and direct services to the global mining industry. With its focus solely on mining, [Company] designs, manufactures, distributes and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and [Company] underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide. Customers receive a superior experience through direct relationships with [Company] support people, and through its services located close to the mines. [Company] products and related services are used extensively for the mining of coal, copper, iron, gold and other mineral resources and the company employs 14,000 people worldwide.
- [Company] is continuously working to make mining operations safer and more productive. With [Company] innovative equipment and life-cycle services, mine operators are able to consistently achieve the lowest cost per unit of production over the life of the equipment. [Company] offers excellent benefits, a continual focus on training and development and a financially sound company in a growing industry. We are currently looking to add a Learning & Development Specialist to our Milwaukee location.
- The L&D Department supports both the training and organizational development needs of the business and operates both locally and globally. L&D Managers around the world are in place to assess and meet region-specific needs, while the global team supports the broader global programs that are consistent across the organization. The global team also administers two key talent-related systems: The Learning Center to track and deliver training courses and development activities, and TaMS (Talent Management System) used for succession and individual development planning.
- This position will be part of the global team and will help support our team’s core competencies of conducting needs analyses, developing and coordinating leadership programs, driving global succession planning, supporting individual, regional and organizational development needs and measuring the impact of learning and development activities.
- Support the delivery of training by coordinating scheduling, meeting sites, and materials
- Utilize project management skills to meet project milestones
- Assist in designing and delivering effective measurement and evaluation solutions; Analyze measurement data to assess impact of training on the business
- Participate in the creation of online, instructor led, and blended learning activities
- Support global projects for assigning and delivering training via the Learning Management System
- Help track usage of the system, scoring of knowledge and reporting of results to internal and external customers
- Support succession planning and talent development processes by developing the capability to be a “super user” of the system who can advise colleagues on technical and process issues
- Maintain and manage the L&D library
- Procure office, training and development materials and supplies
- Stay aware of the latest trends in learning and development; Suggest and utilize best practices in L&D work
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Organizational Development, Instructional Design, Human Resources or related field
- 1-3 years’ experience working in an office environment.
- Course work or experience in designing and developing web-based training preferred (Lectora or similar eLearning authoring tool)
- Experience with adult learning theories, methods and instructional design concepts
- Knowledge of leadership development best practices and demonstrated effort to stay current in field
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite
In addition to the requirements listed above, the successful candidate for the Learning & Development Specialist role will be a creative, self-motivated individual with a sense of urgency for projects while maintaining a high level of customer service.
[Company] offers an excellent benefit package including 401(k), profit sharing, medical, dental, vision and life insurances, wellness programs, tuition reimbursement and more.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in USA
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List