Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
806152 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
August 8, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
October 7, 2012
Manufacturing Engineer Job Description:
- Works with manufacturing as follows:
- Identify productivity opportunities.
- Identify profit and machine utilization opportunities.
- Improve first pass capability.
- Maintain cost systems.
- Coordinate forecasts and budgets.
- Participate with and support engineering and manufacturing teams with technical expertise needed to resolve issues impacting our ability to provide a top quality product in the most cost effective manner.
- Helps launch new products and supervise installation of new tooling.
- Monitors scrap and controllable spending in area of responsibility.
- Implements cost reduction ideas.
- Assists with the purchase of tooling.
- Generates process flow, routings, tool estimates and assists capital estimates for new products.
- Performs process failure mode and effects analysis.
- Performs capability analysis and R&R studies on existing and new equipment.
- Participates in focused teams for process improvement.
- Performs detailed statistical machine runoffs / may require travel.
- Reviews blueprints to ensure parts are manufacturable and of high quality.
- Performs technical writing activities whenever necessary.
- Submits cost justifications for relevant issues and items.
- Develops plant layouts and optimizes equipment layout for lean production, where practical.
- Communication with internal and/or external customers.
- Installs and moves new and existing machinery.
- Supports PPAP build requirements.
- Shares best practice processes and ideas with others
- Trouble shoot any new or existing equipment until achieving desired OEE
- Communicates problematic issues and areas to organizational representatives.
- Oversees projects from requisition stage through to completion and launch.
- B. S. Degree in Mechanical / Electrical or Materials engineering and proven record of accomplishment.
- Minimum of three to five years' experience in metal cutting machining and heat treating environment preferred. Knowledge of product, tooling, test methods, and CBN grinding is a plus. Knowledge of CAD software is a plus. Six Sigma Greenbelt status or Red X problem solving preferred.
Additional Skills, Knowledge or Abilities (non-physical):
- Verbal and written communication skills
Additional Skills, Knowledge or Abilities (physical)
- Physical stamina to work long overtime hours consecutively
- Physical strength to lift and maneuver heavy parts
- Physical agility to reach and climb
- Color dexterity
- Hearing proficiency
- Strong mechanical aptitude
Required Skills for Manufacturing Engineer Job:
- Aluminum Extrusion
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List