Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
806161 Job Summary
Technician II, Contract Management
Employer Job Id:
August 8, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
October 7, 2012
Technician II, Contract Management
- Under Direct Supervision by Contract Management of [Company] and its subsidiaries (indicated as “the Company”), the purpose of this position is to perform the essential job duties and functions listed below with the overall objective of helping to improve the Corporation's overall business performance, deliver added value to our shareholders, reduce leakage, and promote consistent and cost effective solutions across SBUs, projects and locations.
- Refines a working knowledge of the Company’s Contract Management standards, programs and goals by planning and applying Contract Management practices and procedures as established by the Company on a project site or in an office through departmental training, [Company] University training and the use of Knowledge OnLine (KOL)
- Establishes and maintains communications with client representatives and project staff through meetings, telephone and web conferences, and reports to provide for client satisfaction
- Prepares, maintains, retrieves, and communicates records, reports, or documents that may be required to meet corporate and Contract Management requirements
- Able to support Contract Management activities on large-scale projects, with a work scope of $250 million to $1 billion; duties may include assisting multiple Contract Administrators and Contract Managers with the preparation and execution of pre-award and post-award activities
- Participate in the Pre-Qualification process of subcontractors; monitor and track subcontractors’ compliance with [Company] HSE, Quality, and Finance procedures currently in place
- Prepare and maintain all electronic and hard copy files in accordance with [Company] (Practice 000.430.1221)
- Perform all other duties requested by immediate supervisor(s) in order to support and achieve project milestones and goals
- Ability to learn and utilize CMSism and SAP Systems
- Knowledge of the [Company] Office/Department structure
- Accurately assist in the assembly of Request For Proposals and Contracts
- Ability to arrange meetings and prepare meeting minutes for project distribution
- Prepare, organize, and process monthly reports (Contract Status Report, Contract Development Schedule, and Insurance Log)
- Reconcile CMSism contract commitments and SAP commitments on a monthly basis to ensure compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- This position is a full-time Administrative Support position which provides a full range of moderate to complex clerical/administrative work assignments in support of the Acquisition Compliance group.
- The position reports directly to the Acquisition Compliance Manager and provides administrative support to the Acquisition Compliance team.
Functional job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Populate and maintain the Access database for tracking Compliance reviews (including in-process metrics, reports, and corrective actions).
- Facilitate communication within the Acquisition organization.
- Assist in the evaluation of subcontracts or purchase orders, verifying compliance through checklists and other supporting review documents.
- Identify omissions in submitted Compliance review forms and expedite completion (e.g., 'sanity check' submitted metrics forms).
- Write and edit reports, documents, and maintain document files.
- Generate performance reports for review by management.
- Expedite closure of in-process review corrective actions.
- Ensure proper filing of in-process metrics and management assessment forms.
- Track project process in Excel and provide status updates.
Basic Job Requirements
- High School Diploma
- Two (2) to five (5) years of work-related experience within the related field
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems, such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology
- Job position requires strong analytical, verbal and written communications skills, and individual must be comfortable expediting actions through others
- Experience working in high pressure environment requiring management and coordination of multiple, often competing, deadlines
- Strong administrative and editorial skills with high attention to detail
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Office applications (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Ability to learn new software quickly
Other Job Requirements
- Stay current/updated with Contract Management practices and procedures; remain informed of current developments and potential changes within the Contract Management group
- Participates in [Company] for training and career development in accordance with the Contract Management Development Framework (Guideline 000.000.0180)
- Demonstrate proactive commitment to HSE policies, practices, and principles
- Understand and utilize all[Company] ; incorporate these competencies into your personal work ethics and your personal career development plan
- Self-starter with ability to take ownership of process
- Ability and desire to grasp fundamental acquisition concepts and processes sufficient to identify deficiencies in documentation
- Strong computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as strong use of spreadsheets and electronic presentations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented 4. Self-motivated professional
- Provide thorough and skillful administrative support
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to achieve project goals
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List