Technical Writer- Mining & Metals
Are you ready to unlock your next career move?
About the Company
- Your chance to shine with a global leader
- Great remuneration package
- Perth based and home every night
Our Client is a leading international business involved in each stage of metal and mineral production. With a solid presence in more than 50 counties and a staff of around 106,000 people . The company prides itself in producing aluminum, copper, diamond, coal, iron ore, uranium, gold and industrial minerals.
Wherever the company operates it is committed to health, safety, world living standards and sustainable development of its employees. They attribute their success to their people, core values, and worldwide code of business conduct.
About the Role
As a Technical Writer, you will liaise closely with all the key stakeholders, site personnel and subject matter experts (SME) to ensure relevant technical documentation is accurate and up to date. You will actively contribute to effective work processes with a focus on the document management system.
The role is to research, analyse, and create technical documents and you will oversee the design and delivery of these in support of mine operations. While taking ownership of effective delivery of technical documents, you will edit, format, review and proof read prior to publishing and distribution ensuring the accuracy and quality of comprehensive documents.
- Certificate / Diploma of technical communication - OR- a Diploma in Business Administration highly desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Technical Writer in a large and diverse industrial and technically oriented environment.
- Expert user of compute based graphics, packages, tools and web design software(Smart draw, Flash, Front Page, CorelDraw, Photoshop, Dreamweaver etc.) highly desirable.
- MS Office applications and proven ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Project Management Methodologies knowledge highly regarded.
- “C” Class WA Drivers License.
- Technical authoring applications highly regarded.
- Ability to meet firm deadlines and time delivery, schedules with accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding research and analysis skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
In return you will be rewarded with;
- Unparalleled career progression opportunities
- A Permanent - Full time position
- Fantastic work environment & culture
- Excellent competitive salary and benefits structure
All applications are in strict confidence so if this sound like you and you have work rights in Australia please contact us today!