Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
806692 Job Summary
Entry Level Engineer
Employer Job Id:
San Antonio, TX
August 9, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
October 8, 2012
Entry Level Engineer
- Founded in Canada in 1960, we are a respected, employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in earth, environment, and related areas of energy. Today, our clients span the world's major economic drivers: oil and gas, mining, manufacturing, power, transportation, water resources, and more. Our 8,000 people deliver deep technical understanding, cross-disciplinary thinking and a passion to help our clients succeed.
- The [Company] U.S. team ([Company] ) is consistently voted a top consulting firm to work for and operates out of 45 offices across the country from Anchorage, Alaska to Tampa, Florida. Since the first office opened in 1968, we have built a reputation for providing innovative, quality solutions. From our initial strength in geotechnical engineering, our services expanded to meet the increasing range of client needs, including environmental compliance and remediation.
- The San Antonio office of [Company] is looking for a qualified candidate to fill an entry level Engineering position with an emphasis on oil and gas exploration and production.
- Work as part of a team on environmental, geotechnical, engineering and construction related projects.
- Be able to interact with coworkers, subcontractors and clients in the oil and natural gas exploration and production industry.
- Take a personal and active approach to health, safety and environment and understand and follow all local, state, federal and company health, safety, and environmental requirements applicable to the work area and tasks assigned.
- Be able to take direction from intermediate and senior staff to achieve goals.
- Contribute to projects with a focus on data collection, management, processing.
- Be able to apply skills properly with a good understanding of data and information.
- Be accountable for completing tasks on time and on budget.
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, often on multiple tasks and projects.
- Have good aptitude for using and understanding computer applications (office, modeling, etc.)
- Travel both domestic and international (as may be required).
- Contribute to planning, permitting and estimating and other engineering related practices and principals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology or Engineering
- Engineer in Training (EIT)
- Up to 2 years’ experience in the environmental field or the Texas oil and gas exploration and production industry.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- Ability, aptitude and willingness to quickly learn engineering software.
- Ability and willingness to work in team based environment, and independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills combined with a positive attitude.
- Working knowledge of computers and proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Strong work ethic- willing to do what is needed to get the job done.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List