Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
806697 Job Summary
Senior Construction Manager
Employer Job Id:
August 9, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
October 8, 2012
Senior Construction Manager
- [Company] is a respected, employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment, and the related areas of energy. From 180 offices worldwide, our more than 8,000 employees work with clients to manage their environmental and engineering activities in a technically sound, economically viable, and socially responsible manner.
- [Company] is seeking an experienced construction professional to join the firm as a Senior Construction Manager. Reporting directly to the Director of Ground Engineering and Construction, the role includes responsibility for developing and leading a project execution team within the US Construction
- Group to deliver construction projects on time and within budget. The primary project type will be aligned with technically challenging ground improvement, and other project types may include water resources, environmental remediation, dewatering, and industrial water treatment. Qualified candidates will possess knowledge of and experience in construction operations and field work, as well as related engineering disciplines.
- The role of the Senior Construction Manager is to develop and lead a project execution team based in one of our US offices that performs ground improvement construction projects across the US. In addition, the Senior Construction Manager will collaborate closely with [Company] Canadian construction team to develop continuity in our business processes and systems, and to develop and share staff across North America as appropriate to serve existing and new clients.
- The Senior Construction Manager will work closely with the Director of Ground Engineering and Construction to execute projects that are aligned with [Company] risk management and profitability goals, and our clients quality, health and safety, and schedule expectations. This position may be based out of our Atlanta, GA, Redmond, WA, or Denver, CO office.
Specific responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and Lead a Ground Improvement Construction Execution Team
- Recruit and develop the construction execution team using existing staff from [Company] traditional consulting practice and/or recruiting new professionals on pace with project load to maintain a safe work environment, a high level of quality, strong client service, and sound business risk management practices;
- Direct, coordinate and manage multiple ground improvement construction projects concurrently;
- Supervise junior and mid-level staff on Ground Engineering and Construction projects;
- Proactive direction for [Company] health and safety program on all projects, and proactive management of construction means and methods to protect health, safety, and security on all projects.
- Perform periodic site inspections for Ground Engineering and Construction projects to review safety, production, key personnel performance, construction quality, and compliance with plans and specifications;
- Write, negotiate, and administer contracts and subcontracts in accordance with [Company] risk management guidelines;
- Pro-actively manage project changes to insure achievement of technical and financial goals; and
- Contribute to the evaluation and adoption of project controls for construction projects, potentially including estimating, scheduling, and cost control software and procedures consistent across [Company] North American practice.
- Support Project Development for Ground Engineering and Construction Projects
- Internal networking including visits to key US offices to support internal marketing of ground engineering and construction capabilities and collaboration with the Project Development Team to identify and qualify opportunities focused on design and construction of ground improvement projects;
- Support the Project Development Team in reviewing estimates, statements of qualifications, proposals, and other related materials in response to requests for proposals;
- Provide senior review of design documents and construction estimates for ground improvement projects across North America; and
- Support the North America Ground Engineering and Construction team in developing and implementing specific tactics to maintain key competitive advantages in the marketplace that promote growth and achieve profitability goals.
- 15 or more years of experience with [Company] and/or other firm with hands-on field experience implementing ground improvement construction projects;
- Based either in Atlanta, GA, Denver, CO, or Redmond, WA;
- BS or MS degree in soil mechanics, geotechnical engineering or civil engineering;
- Knowledgeable in ground engineering, civil works, and specialized foundation works;
- Experience with estimating, scheduling, and cost control for construction-related projects;
- Ability to build, lead and mentor technical and non-technical staff;
- Ability to learn new technical services and solutions;
- Familiar with construction estimating (ideally using Construction Link or Heavy Bid), scheduling) MS Project and/or Primavera), and cost control processes and tools;
- Positive attitude and a desire to succeed;
- Flexible and able to operate in a dynamic business environment;
- Ability to connect and develop relationships with various internal and external stakeholders;
- Professional and proactive;
- Available to travel up to 75% of his/her time in North America.
- We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List