Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
806977 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
August 9, 2012
October 8, 2012
Description and Desired Qualifications
- Our Environmental Professional jobs are your opportunity to help our clients with complex issues and protect human health and the environment. Each day, you will provide oversight of multiple, complex tasks (simultaneously) while also making substantial technical contributions to projects. You should be a self-motivated, team-focused professional with 7-15 years of environmental remediation and munitions response consulting including leading and direct experience with site remediation, performing multiple methods of site remediation and site management/ characterization; and conducting remedial investigations, feasibility studies, engineering evaluations, remedial designs/actions, or site characterization and reporting following RCRA and CERCLA guidance and the Hawaii State Contingency Plan (SCP). You preferably hold a professional engineering (PE) or professional geologist (PG) license and have a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each project assignment.
Our Environmental Professionals:
- Lead data analysis, prepare remedial investigation reports, feasibility studies, and decision documents under the guidance of RCRA and CERCLA or the Hawaii SCP (i.e., Environmental Hazard Evaluation Reports and Environmental Hazard Management Plans)
- Oversee remediation tasks involving investigation, design, permitting, and construction of remedial systems and O&M activities
- Lead remediation planning, permitting, construction management, and related field work for site management for multiple remediation and munitions response sites in the form of field work, and engineering design support ·
- Lead or contribute to field work tasks such as (but not limited to) subcontractor oversight, soil sampling, borehole logging, well installation, groundwater sampling, soil vapor sampling, remediation system O&M, and site reconnaissance
- Support a combination of federal, municipal and commercial clients to meet project goals and objectives
- Interact with internal team members in the local office, as well as regional and firm-wide staff
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced and challenging environment
- Lead safety plans and initiatives
- Mentor and coach junior level staff
- Possess strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Preferably have completed the 40-HR HAZWOPER certification and OSHA 30-hour Construction Safety Awareness training
- Attain or maintain a PE or PG license, preferred but not required
- Additional information: Field work requirement is approximately 30%.
- CH2M HILL will not sponsor an employment visa (H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
- BS degree in Environmental, Civil, Chemical or Geotechnical Engineering, OR geology, hydrogeology, or related environmental field (MS preferred)
- 7 years environmental consulting experience
- Requires general knowledge of site remediation and federal and State of Hawaii regulations including CERCLA, RCRA, and the Hawaii SCP
- Knowledge and experience with various media (soil, groundwater, soil vapor, and surface water) investigations, assessments and remediation technologies
- 40-HAZWOPER and OSHA 30-hour Construction Safety Awareness certification or ability to obtain
- Must be able to perform field work
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
< 1 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List