Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
806989 Job Summary
Master Production Scheduler
Employer Job Id:
August 9, 2012
Registrant - Log In to see Company Name
October 8, 2012
Master Production Scheduler
- The Master Scheduler is responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling the monthly master schedule. It is a planned build schedule in weekly capacity-constrained buckets that is derived from the “Sales and Operations Planning” output. The monthly master schedule is what drives the forecast for purchased materials. Establishing the master schedule will involve working closely with the Demand Managers, Finished Goods Planners, Production Control Analysts, and Central Material Analysts to coordinate manufacturing plans that achieve the company objectives relative to customer service, resource/capacity utilization and low inventory investment.
This will incorporate the following:
- Managing Planned Manufacturing orders such that the aggregate output each week/day is in line with the S&OP
- Working with Demand Managers and Finished Goods Planners to determine:
- Proper mix of products to be produced
- Material Planning Support for new product introductions
- Achievable product phase out plans to minimize excess and obsolete liability
- Working with the Production Control Analysts and Manufacturing Engineers to thoroughly understand and advise on managing short term/long term capacities to minimize the cause for past due orders.
- Working with the Production Control Analysts to help balance and coordinate the manufacturing orders based on material/capacity availability.
- Working with the Demand Planners to coordinate the monthly production of safety stock or targeted finished goods inventories using the planning strategy specified in the materials planning playbook. ([Company] : A Guide for Materials Planning).
- Working with the Demand Planners to develop and provide a monthly updated Supply Plan communicated in units covering the expected demand for each product family that the individual is responsible for over an 18 month period.
- Tracking and managing the accuracy and effectiveness of the master schedules to rationally adjust forecast and to continuously improve the overall master scheduling process.
- Tracking, analyzing and reporting the pertinent KPI’s, as well as, suggest and implement plant-specific improvement activities (i.e. Must monitor actual performance against the MPS and production plan, and provide a summary of operation results for management).
- BS/BA Degree in Business or related field, or equivalent.
- APICS – CPIM certification required.
- A minimum of three years of experience in analyzing data relating to product forecasting, master scheduling, asset management, or shipment forecasting.
- Ability to effectively make decisions with limited time and information –can determine decision making criteria based on priorities.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple disciplines with internal and external resources.
- Strong analytical capabilities, with a basic understanding of statistical analysis techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills, independent problem resolution, proven leadership ability necessary to be effective across functions and levels, and the ability to manage the requirement of others not directly supervised.
- Proficient software and PC skills, with a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint preferred. Experience with query/reporting tools also preferred.
- Ability to plan and organize work to effectively perform assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- SAP Experience Preferred.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List