Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
806998 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
August 9, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
October 8, 2012
To be Considered Candidates:
- Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
- The Army Contracting Command intends to solicit work for contractor support at the under Directorate of Logistics at Fort Campbell, KY. [Company] is seeking a Transportation Manager for that solicitation.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages all facets of transportation related to the planning, operation, coordination and evaluation of all methods of transportation including multi-modal systems.
- Commands all types of transportation, movement control and logistical organizations tasked with controlling and carrying out personnel, cargo-movements, or logistics requirements within a geographic area(s).
- Recommends priorities; coordinates tasks; documents cargo and/or personnel to be transported; allocates resources; and deter-mines mode(s) necessary for the optimum utilization of assets and timely mission accomplishment.
- Works closely with members of the sister services, and host country personnel on all manner of transportation plans and operations to include logistical support.
- Possesses expert knowledge of commercial transportation industries and practices in order to provide timely and adequate support for military/Government requirements.
- Plays a key role in the research, development, procurement, and life cycle management of transportation related equipment and systems.
- Acts as a transportation instructor advisor, staff/exchange officer with U.S. Forces or allied nations.
- Manages the transportation operational function of a project, geographic region, or area supply chain center including inbound, outbound and in-region transportation.
- Serves as the primary interface for freight management and urgent supply chain modification recommendations.
- Coordinates with suppliers, forwarders, and carriers to meet transportation requirements. Recommends and drives continuous process improvements to maximize value.
- Monitors and reports carrier performance on daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Arranges for international transportation for inbound goods in response to inventory managers and client requirements.
- Monitor shipments for delays or problems and advises management as appropriate.
- Establishes containment actions in response to daily operational matters.
- Manage transportation requirements into and with the region.
- Primary point of contact for all customs issues and escalations. Interface with regional customs teams and suppliers.
- Coordinates with suppliers, forwarders and carriers to meet requirements.
- Conduct analysis of transportation and distribution opportunities.
- Develops operational standards, operational procedures and guidelines and coordinates the implementation locally.
- Develops and implements supply chain improvements.
- Position is contingent upon contract award. [Company] values the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Basic Job Requirements
- Have a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in managing transportation. Military transportation experience preferred.
- Be well versed in the Operational, Maintenance, and Administration areas/functions of an industrial/commercial transportation program.
- Be knowledgeable in TC AIMS II
- Possess ADAG experience.
- Have experience managing Household Goods and use of the Defense Personal Property System.
- Basic computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, email, spreadsheets and electronic presentations.
- Prior Military and/or DOL experience preferred.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Secret level Security Clearance and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Coordinates with Maintenance and Supply Managers and reports to Project/Site Manager.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List