Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
807017 Job Summary
Site Safety and Health Officer
Employer Job Id:
August 9, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
October 8, 2012
Site Safety and Health Officer
- The Army Contracting Command intends to solicit work for contractor support at the under Directorate of Logistics at Fort Campbell, KY. [Company] is seeking a Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO) for that solicitation.
Overall Purpose of Job:
- The purpose of this position is to create and sustain a productive work culture and safe work environment in order to avoid and minimize HSE related problems. These problems include, but are not limited to, human injury, environmental degradation and unsafe working conditions/practices. This is done through health, safety and environmental training, programs, and processes with a visible and uncompromised commitment to the protection of the environment as well as the productivity of the Company’s employees.
Principle Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans and directs safety and health activities in the organization or plant to evaluate and control safety and environmental hazards.
- Develops, monitors, and implements the organization's health and safety policies to ensure the organization is compliant with health and safety legislation; and to reduce or prevent hazards, dangers and accidents.
- Primary duty and responsibility is to prepare and enforce [Company] safety program on the contract.
- Periodically reviews the Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA) at each service site and for each technical specification to assess effectiveness of overall Accident Prevention Plan (APP).
- Develops and implements a site-specific Accident Prevention Plan (APP).
- Tests noise levels and measures air quality using precision instruments.
- Administers hearing tests to employees.
- Enforces use of safety equipment.
- Trains, lectures, and educates employees on safe and efficient work methods to obtain compliance of regulations.
- Develops and monitors emergency action plans.
- Investigates accidents and incidents and prepares accident/incident reports.
- Assists management to prepare safety and health budgets.
- Recommends changes in policies and procedures to prevent accidents and illness.
- Ensures project site adheres to company and regulatory HSE standards and guidelines.
- Conducts on site risk assessment and mitigation.
- Prepares, maintains, interprets, and communicates records, reports or documents that may be required to meet corporate or regulatory requirements, including monitoring application of HSE standards and goals through its programs.
- Develops project compliance programs through analysis of regulations.
- Other related duties/functions as assigned.
- Position is contingent upon contract award. [Company] values the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Basic Job Requirements
- Prior to hire as Site Safety & Health Officer under contract, shall have fulfilled pre-requisite training and experience requirements.
- Three (3) years satisfactory experience in preparing and enforcing the contractor’s safety program on contracts of similar size, scope and complexity. Army work experience preferred.
- Successfully completed 30-hour OSHA safety class or equivalent within the last 3 years.
- Minimum 8-years of HSE related experience.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Secret level Security Clearance and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Intermediate computer and software skills to include use of word processing and email as well as the intermediate use of spreadsheets and electronic presentations.
- Effective communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner.
- Prior military and/DOL experience.
- Accredited Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List