A major resources client is looking for an experienced Telecommunications Team Lead.
The successful candidate will be leading a team of professionals whose primary function is assisting the Infrastructure Project Delivery team with the engineering and design of telecoms systems utilised for support of the company. The role will also involve liaising with third party entities who have been engaged to deliver Telecoms work.
Focus of the role
Delivery of remote telecommunications infrastructure including:
*radio access networks such as Voice Mobile Radio
*remote telecoms facilities
Aspects of the role
An element of these core duties including identification, assessment and hire of suitable people for detailed engineering design and construction of telecoms infrastructure. Providing guidance and ensuring resources are utilised effectively within the team, forecast changes and resource levels. Preparation of engineering studies, reports, tenders, quotations, specs, scopes, budgets schedules and plans. Coordination of Bills of material, request for quotations, design, construction/installation and commissioning of infrastructure, Acceptance testing and handover of infrastructure.
- Solid project delivery experience in Mining, Oil and Gas or Heavy Industry
- a solid background in preparing of engineering specifications, design and acceptance testing documentation
- previous experience of preparing engineering scopes, plans, budgets and schedules
- preparation of request for proposals, request for tenders and quotation requests
- Knowledge of VHF/UHF, microwave and optic transmission design
- experience of remote telecoms site design i.e. equipment rooms, telepower, lightning protection and earthing systems, antenna support structures.
Desirable skills include Electronics Engineering or Electrical degree, Land Mobile Radio and point-to-multipoint networks or planning, design and commissioning of carrier-grade Thernet, PDH, SDH and DWDM transmission networks.