Diversified Mining Services (DMS) is a leading provider of services to the Australian mining industry with extensive experience in the provision of services and equipment for the operation, maintenance and support of open cut and underground mining.
Due to an internal transfer DMS is now seeking to employ an experienced Purchasing Officer. Based in Mackay and reporting directly to the Commercial Manager – Mining Operations the successful person will be responsible for managing the end to end purchasing of equipment and materials, establishing professional relationships with suppliers and effectively communicating information to key internal stakeholders.
Key Requirements of the role include:
• Sourcing of equipment and materials (both Project and Capital) - communicating lead times with internal staff;
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with suppliers - negotiating “best for business terms and conditions” resolving credit issues in a timely manner;
• Provide accurate, on time reports to the Commercial Manager – Mining Operations;
• Raise purchase requisitions and accurately record information into PRONTO;
• Develop sourcing strategies, processes and detailed analysis of current and predicted future spend;
• Monitoring supplier (including subcontractor) performance - communicating anomalies to the Commercial Manager – Mining Operations and
• Continually review and improve purchasing procedures.
We are ideally seeking someone who has:
• Previous experience in a similar role – ideally within the Mining Industry;
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to formulate professional working relationships with key stakeholder both internal and external;
• Intermediate - Advanced skills in Word and Excel with PRONTO experience highly desirable and
• Self-motivated, team player.
DMS offers employees competitive remuneration packages and a wide range of employee benefits such as salary packaging options, corporate health insurance plans and discounted banking products.