Diversified Mining Services (DMS) is a leading provider of services to the Australian mining industry with extensive experience in the provision of services and equipment for the operation, maintenance and support of open cut and underground mining.
Due to the organic growth of our business DMS is seeking to employ a Regional Sales Manager for our QLD Maintenance Division. It is envisaged that the successful person will be primarily responsible for managing the sales and customer interactions of the business. Geographically this position covers the Bowen and Galilee Basins with some travel to other parts of Qld and NSW.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities of the role will include:
• Work with the Regional team (operations and commercial) to optimise quality of service, business growth and customer satisfaction;
• Devise/engineer a Sales Management System (SMS) in consultation with the Regional Sales Manager (Maintenance) for NSW and the Chief Operating Officer. Once designed, maintain the necessary information, data and call cycles as per the SMS;
• Plan and prioritise personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact (refer SMS);
• Take a lead role the preparation of all pricing – this will include tender document review for some projects which will require interaction with the company legal/contract administration team;
• Continually review the various market segments looking for new opportunities and conducting competitor analysis. Ensure adequate information is relayed to management optimizing new business opportunities;
• The role will require frequent interaction with clients in a social forum. As such, the incumbent must be prepared to attend social functions out of normal business hours and
• Be able to drive to remote sites for customer interactions.
We look forward to hearing from candidates with the following skills and attributes:
• Experience in a similar role - ideally within the Mining and or Construction industry;
• Experience with industrial painting and protective coatings, abrasive blasting and scaffolding
• Tertiary qualifications – (preferred but not essential);
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage conflicting deadlines and priorities;
• Strong commitment to providing a safe environment for employees and sub-contractors;
• Strong computer skills and
• Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships and to lead and influence people.
DMS offers a wide range of employee benefits such as salary packaging options, corporate health insurance plans and discounted banking products.