- Work for a Mine which has been operating in Australia since 1924
- This Mine has impacted the growth and economic prosperity of the Queensland State of Australia
- This Mining giant employs a massive 20 percent of the local population
This Mining Operation located near Mount Isa, Queensland Australia breathes job security! Having been operating since 1924 and with further Mine exploration and expansions taking place, and more Contracts being awarded, why would you not to work for a Company that offers such assurance! Even after being in operation for almost a decade, this Mining Operation is still one of the largest Copper Producer’s in the world!!!
Mount Isa has been described as an Oasis of the Outback! Mount Isa brings out the adventurous spirit in everyone with ample places to go fishing, camping, and four wheel driving or just to relax and enjoy and really appreciate the Outback. This town of approximately 23,500 people is a major service centre for Queensland’s North West region and is well equipped to satisfy everyone’s needs. Offering a variety of specialised leading chain stores, schools, TAFE and university options, people who reside in Mount Isa never miss out! Despite its geographical isolation, Mount Isa is easily accessible by all modes of transport including car, rail or plane with daily direct flights to Brisbane, Townsville and Cairns.
With the life of mine expanding, and the Underground Projects rolling out into new phases, this Operator is looking for a UG Geotechnical Engineer to join their Underground team.
To be successful for this role, you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Degree qualification in Geosciences, Mining Engineering or Civil Engineering with 3-5 years underground mining experience, preferably in a geotechnical role.
- A strong commitment to safety, quality and best practice concepts and their application to encourage a safe work environment;
- Ability to work as autonomously and within a team environment;
- Experience with mine planning software preferred;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organisational skills; and
- A highly consultative approach within your own department as well as with other departments and contractors.
In return you will be offered:
- A competitive based salary + roster allowances + 13% superannuation + an annual Performance Bonus;
- 457 Visa Sponsorship;
- Relocation Assistance;
- Tertiary education assistance