Due to recent company growth, we have an opportunity for an experienced Heavy Duty Tyre Fitter to
join our ever expanding maintenance department at our Kalgoorlie Workshop. Reporting to the
Workshop Coordinator, the new Heavy Duty Tyre Fitter will be responsible for undertaking repairs,
servicing and day-to-day tyre management on all MLG Oz prime movers and trailers based at the
Kalgoorlie Workshop and various MLG remote sites located throughout the Goldfields.
This newly created position is a permanent/ongoing Kalgoorlie residential based role, on a Monday to
Saturday roster with regular duties including:
• Removing and replacing tyres;
• Diagnosing tyre damage and wear;
• Selecting and fitting fit-for-task tyres, rims and accessories;
• Diagnosing wheel balance issues and monitoring tyre pressures;
• Maintaining wheel and tyre service and operation records;
• Ordering parts/tools required for repairs and servicing of wheels and tyres;
• Liaising with the Workshop Leading Hand and Supervisor on service/maintenance scheduling
and repairs progress; and
• Undertaking regular visits to remote MLG Oz sites throughout the Goldfields for tyre repairs and
servicing and stock distribution purposes.
The successful applicant will have the following attributes:
• Relevant Trade Qualifications required to perform your duties as a Heavy Duty Tyre Fitter;
minimum Cert. II in Automotive (Mechanical - Tyre Fitting and Repair Heavy).
• Minimum 12 months experience as a Heavy Duty Tyre Fitter with a demonstrated safety and
• Working knowledge of plant and site equipment wheel and tyre maintenance requirements and
• Personal initiative, motivation and drive, with the demonstrated ability to work autonomously
to achieve work outcomes.
• Current National Police Clearance.
• Ability to pass a pre-employment medical, including a drug & alcohol screen. HD Tyre Fitter
• Ability to pass a GSDU clearance.
• Current WA C Driver's License.
The following will also be highly regarded:
• Certificates of competency and alternate transport industry experience.
• Previous wheel and tyre maintenance and fault finding experience with MLG Oz specific plant
• Previous experience within a diverse mechanical workshop.
• Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary work teams.
• Previous mine site experience.
Short listing for this position will commence immediately and only those selected will be contacted.