Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
807929 Job Summary
Environmental Health & Safety Technician
Employer Job Id:
San Antonio, TX
August 10, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
Environmental Health & Safety Technician
- Maintain the health and safety of the plant workforce by monitoring and evaluation of health, safety and environmental conditions assuring compliance with applicable policies, procedures and governmental standards; maintenance of the Power Solutions' Health, Industrial Hygiene and Safety Programs.
- Develops and administers effective occupational health, safety, ergonomics and industrial hygiene programs, including health services functions and maintenance of related policy and procedure manuals.
- Be knowledgeable in Johnson Controls Best Business Practices and incorporate in programs.
- Educates, motivates and trains line supervision and production personnel in good housekeeping practices, safe work procedures, PPE, etc.
- Using specialized testing equipment, samples, measures and evaluates employee exposures to in-plant chemical contaminants, including lead and acid mist, and physical agents such as heat and noise exposure. Administers the audiometric testing and hearing conservation programs. Monitors, analyzes and records performance of the plant exhaust and make-up air ventilation systems.
- Assists in the administration of medical surveillance and biological monitoring programs according to OSHA standards and company policies and procedures.
- Manages the plant personal protective equipment, work clothing and safety equipment programs according to company standards and operating budget. Administers the respiratory protection program, including quantitative fit testing, respirator distribution, cleaning and sanitizing.
- Assists in the administration of the workers' compensation program, including effective medical case management, reporting, record maintenance and follow-up.
- Develops and implements effective plant programs for the identification, prevention and control of occupational injuries and illnesses. Develops and coordinates plant health and safety education and training programs. Serves on the plant safety committee as co-chairperson.
- Maintains current awareness of applicable federal, state and local health, industrial hygiene and safety regulations. Maintains legal, governmental and company environmental, health, medical and safety-related records according to standards, including confidentiality. Maintains an accurate OSHA 300 log. Accompanies visiting inspectors and reports findings.
- Administers the plant hazard communication program, including maintaining up-to-date MSDSs, effective identification of all chemicals, chemical inventory and related training and education programs.
- Reviews all manufacturing and support operations to assure ongoing safety. Assists the line organization in developing job safety analyses (JSAs) and safe operating procedures for all tasks and in investigating incidents. Develops and implements audit programs to review and assure compliance with applicable health and safety standards.
- Accumulates, prepares and enters environmental health, industrial hygiene, medical and safety data into the IHS computer system. Analyzes data and prepares standard and other requested reports for plant management.
- Conducts environmental audits and coordinates plant preparation for corporate audits.
- Assists with the design and development of facilities, work areas and work procedures and ensures the implementation of environmental, health and safety requirements accordingly.
- Coordinates the collection, transportation and storage of hazardous waste materials.
- Maintain professional competency through participation in professional education and training programs and completion of any necessary requirements to maintain professional credentials.
- Overtime and off-shift work is required to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health Sciences/Industrial Hygiene or related field.
- Previous experience leading environmental and industrial health programs, including experience with environmental agencies and required reporting.
- Experience with administering a hazardous communication program, including managing and leading an emergency response team.
- Previous experience with OSHA and EPA compliance.
- Prior use of the Microsoft Office Suite; ability to formulate reports, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Required Skills for Environmental Health & Safety tech Job:
- Environmental Sciences
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
16 - 20 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List