Senior, experienced credit & underwriting professional with significant industry domain expertise & knowledge of the mining industry. Location open, likely ON, QC, BC, or AB. Role provides credit management leadership to cross-functional deal teams underwriting leveraged transactions; includes deal due diligence, compliance, negotiation, approval and documentation. Coach and develop junior underwriting professionals. Role manages, monitors and reports on portfolio accounts.
• Lead underwriting and approval of new lending & equipment credit requests and provide key risks and considerations leveraging mining industry expertise.
• Coordinate with regional underwriting teams.
• Disseminate Mining expertise and industry knowledge from a credit perspective, across regional UW and commercial teams.
• Maintain up to date knowledge and expertise of Industry trends and activities which would impact credit and underwriting activities.
• Work with cross-functional teams to ensure the terms of a credit approval and GE’s standard documentation requirements are met.
• Significant credit & Underwriting experience, financial modeling, interpreting financial performance in ABL, Cash Flow, and Equipment Loans.
• Significant experience in underwriting Mining industry transactions.
• Negotiate terms and conditions for transactions and work with cross-functional teams to ensure appropriate documentation.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
• High energy, detail oriented team player, with excellent organizational, verbal and written skills.
- - Bachelor’s Degree with at least 10+ years of experience in credit, finance, or banking industries.
- - Prior experience in financial statement analysis, financial modeling and valuation.
- - Prior experience preparing financial information, interpreting financial performance and assessing risk exposure.
- - Prior experience preparing and delivering presentations to management and peers.
- - Demonstrated knowledge/experience of compliance/regulatory issues in one or more relevant jurisdictions.
- - Proven leadership skills.
- - Demonstrated ability in developing and implementing strategies to accomplish business goals.