Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
808372 Job Summary
Area Geophysicist – Northeast BC
Employer Job Id:
August 11, 2012
Canadian Natural Resources
September 10, 2012
Area Geophysicist – Northeast BC
Canadian Natural is one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers
in the world.
Stock Savings Plan
Annual Bonus Program
Work with great people
How many companies have FUN in the mission statement?
Accomplish great things
Be part of a dynamic work environment that is always changing - contribute your
ideas and make your mark!
Create your career path
We’re growing - grow with us!
Every employee shares in company success through stock ownership & stock options!
For Fort McMurray
- Company Sponsored
- Fly In / Fly Out Allowance
and Site Accommodations
WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Canadian Natural is one of the largest heavy crude oil producers in North America and one of the largest natural gas producers in Western Canada. Our phenomenal growth has been based on a balanced approach to exploration and acquisitions, combined with an emphasis on cost-effective exploitation.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES – BENEFITS!
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
The Area Geophysicist will work with team members to identify areas of future potential and help define Exploration strategies and areas of focus.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Perform high quality interpretation of 2D and 3D seismic integrated with geological mapping to define drilling locations, and assess property acquisitions and land sale postings
• Interact effectively in a cross-functional team with Geology, Land, and Engineering to ensure projects meet the Company's economic criteria and finding costs
• Partner with the Area Geologist in planning geophysical programs and seismic purchases to support land acquisitions, prospect assessment and drilling activity
• Work with the field acquisition group to define seismic program parameters and lay-outs
• Map existing fields to help optimize production
• Provide direction and supervision for junior geophysicists and technical support staff
• Typically 3+ years of related industry experience with a Geophysics degree
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o 2D and 3D interpretive work in Western Canada
o Finding economic new reserves and play types
o Prospecting for hydrocarbons in NEBC
o Working on Seisware workstation and hardcopy with varying seismic vintage and data quality
o Petra mapping software and integration with seismic interpretation
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
< 1 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List