Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
808461 Job Summary
Plant Engineering Manager
Employer Job Id:
December 18, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
February 18, 2013
Plant Engineering Manager
About the Job
- [Company] offers architectural aluminum building products and systems for the commercial construction industry. In 2010, [Company] , a premier manufacturer of windows was acquired by [Company] and is now a division of[Company] . Together, we provide customers with a comprehensive product portfolio that includes entrances, framing systems, windows and curtain wall systems.
- The Plant Engineering Manager has full responsibility for all production processes and equipment, the facility and the engineering and maintenance organization.
Manages the Process Engineering function:
- To provide for future products and expansions and continuous improvement on existing processes and equipment.
- Oversees the capital improvement programs, assists with plant maintenance efforts, and assures that plant maintenance remains within budget.
- Directs and supports maintenance and engineering efforts to aid and improve plant production.
- Responsible for developing engineered solutions for plant safety and environmental issues.
- Assisting and mentoring principle contacts, such as other engineers, plant manufacturing personnel, maintenance mechanics and electricians and other similar personnel, within the plant and outside of the plant through technical expertise, training and project leadership.
- Drives plant initiatives as they relate to Environmental, Health & Safety, Quality, People, Cost and Growth,. Leads and ensures the implementation of all corporate Environmental, Health and Safety initiatives. Ensures all employees understand and believe that overall safety is our first priority.
- Provides expert process knowledge and applies engineering science to establish and maintain control and capability for production processes and for continuously improving technology.
- Maintains a high level of internal control over assigned business processes and implements controls to adequately manage business risks consistent with Alcoa expectations. This involves continuous compliance, auditing, & certification of assigned business processes.
- Implements and directs all phases of complex engineering projects to provide new or upgraded equipment and processes.
- Recognizes the need, investigates feasibility, and implements various advanced concepts and major improvements in all production areas to maintain and enhance the facility's economic position in the Storefront Entrance and Framing (SEF) market.
- Provides creative, innovative and comprehensive problem-solving capability.
- concepts from conception to start-up to support plant objectives and goals.
- Coordinates with management and Purchasing to obtain and qualify new installations.
- Oversees the preparation of cost estimates and pricing of products to ensure Alcoa's competitive market position while maintaining company profit goals.
- Manages Plant Capital Improvement Program:
- Assists in preparing plant capital plan.
- Prepares cost estimates for projects.
- Oversees preparation of capital Request for Authorization's (RFA's).
- Oversees requisitioning, delivery, and approval of equipment.
- Coordinates installation and startup of new equipment
- Coordinates equipment shutdowns with production.
- Manages location's capital budget.
- Ensures that contractor safe practices are met and that all necessary safety evaluations are performed.
Manages Plant Maintenance Department:
- Creates and coordinates plant maintenance strategy.
- Supervises contracted maintenance work.
- Coordinates maintenance training
- Ensures that preventive and predictive maintenance programs meet the needs of the plant.
- Investigates and resolves manufacturing problems through the direction and deployment of manufacturing engineering in order to optimize product performance while minimizing cost.
- Conducts studies related to design, production methods and equipment in order to recommend improvements which will optimize product performance while minimizing cost.
- Monitors and reports on cost reductions which are a result of method improvements in order to improve profit margins.
- Ensures continued departmental effectiveness through the selection, development, training and motivation of a competent staff.
- Initiates, reviews and up-dates engineering standards and guidelines, repair and maintenance recommendations, and equipment supply sources and cost data in support of plant operations.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field plus a minimum of ten to 15 years of progressive engineering and maintenance experience in a technologically advanced heavy industry/plant environment with at least five years of supervisory experience with skilled technical personnel.
- The incumbent must have good PC skills, which includes Microsoft Office software knowledge, basic web tools, and demonstrated knowledge of computer-aided engineering.
- Must have excellent communication skills as well as an aptitude for detailed work requiring a high degree of accuracy.
- The engineer is expected to have those skills and training normally obtained from undergraduate or graduate engineering programs with emphasis on Engineering Science.
- Progress toward professional registration is considered very important and professional registration is preferred.
- The focus of this position is on the use of these skills and training to provide quality equipment, facilities, services and consultation that are capable of meeting engineering department and plant/business unit requirements at a competitive cost.
- These services include equipment concepts, layout and design of new equipment and facilities and revisions and improvements to the same. Also included are selection of materials and equipment and purchasing decisions; technical advice to maintenance personnel; coordinating, expediting and liaison services in support of installation, revision and maintenance work of equipment within the facility.
- BSME or BSEE from an accredited institution with a professional engineer's license.
- An MBA or advanced degree is desirable.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Health and Safety Manager
<1 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List