CareerMine Job Id:
808478 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
Walnut Creek, CA
October 11, 2013
Golder Associates Inc.
December 11, 2013
- Founded in Canada in 1960, Golder Associates is a respected, employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in earth, environment, and related areas of energy. Our clients span the world's major economic drivers: oil and gas, mining, manufacturing, power, transportation, water resources, and more. Our 7,000 people deliver deep technical understanding, cross-disciplinary thinking and a passion to help our clients succeed.
- The Golder U.S. team (Golder Associates Inc.) is consistently voted a top consulting firm to work for and operates out of more than 40 offices across the country from Anchorage, Alaska to Tampa, Florida. Since the first office opened in 1968, we have built a reputation for providing innovative, quality solutions. From our initial strength in geotechnical engineering, our services expanded to meet the increasing range of client needs, including environmental compliance and remediation, and pipeline engineering design
- Golder Associates Inc. is currently seeking an intermediate level Civil Engineer to support oil, gas, slurry, tailings and other pipeline system projects. This position will be located at Golder’s new Walnut Creek office in Northern California. The successful candidate will be involved in the detail design of tailings transportation systems including equipment foundations, steel structures, earthworks, pipeline platforms, seismic design, and material selection.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop civil design plans, standards and specifications
- Develop cost and quantity estimates
- Design piping support structures, pump and heavy equipment foundations, earthworks, concrete and steel structure, sump and tank designs
- Prepare quantity and cost estimates for heavy industrial sites and pipelines
- Prepare and oversee civil CAD designs
- Additionally the Candidate will:
- Work with independence and receive minimal direction from intermediate and senior staff
- Contribute to projects with major focus on oversight and management of project tasks including fundamental engineering calculations, data collection and processing with analysis and interpretation of engineering data
- Make basic decisions of moderate complexity with some input from intermediate or senior staff
- Ensure project performance in accordance with Golder project management and health and safety standards.
- Ensure technical quality of developed designs including establishing QA/QC protocols.
- Provide support to Golder’s tailings and pipeline practitioners in the development of proposals for services, integrated solutions, and project delivery
- Competitive salary and an excellent benefits package are offered to qualified candidates.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with typical tailings and pipeline systems and associated foundation designs and steel structures
- Minimum BSCE or post-secondary degree in engineering from an accredited institution
- EIT required; Professional Engineering license (PE) preferred
- AutoCAD/ Civil 3D proficient
- MS Office competent – strong Excel skills preferred
- Solid organization and time management abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Excellent Communication skills, both verbal and written; Multiple language capability a plus
- High level of personal integrity with a strong work ethic
- Willingness to travel internationally as dictated by project demands
- Pass a pre-employment physical including a drug screening and background check
- Authorization to work in the United States
- This position will bring the successful candidate significant opportunity for professional growth with potential opportunities to travel both locally and internationally
Please respond by sending your resume and cover letter (stating salary history / expectations) and quoting CareerMine job # to:
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List