Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
808485 Job Summary
Ground Engineering and Construction Leader
Employer Job Id:
August 11, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
October 10, 2012
Ground Engineering and Construction Leader
- [Company] is a respected, employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment, and the related areas of energy. From 180 offices worldwide, our more than 8,000 employees work with clients to manage their environmental and engineering activities in a technically sound, economically viable, and socially responsible manner.
- Reporting directly to the Vice President, Construction Group, [Company] , the Director of Ground Engineering and Construction is responsible for developing and leading a team within the US Construction Group to secure and execute ground improvement projects, including responsibility for design and construction integrity, project safety, project profitability, and timely delivery. This position may be based in Atlanta, GA (preferred), Redmond, WA or Denver, CO
- The role of the Director of Ground Engineering and Construction is to develop and lead a team predominantly located in a single US office that secures and completes ground improvement construction projects in the US. In addition, the Director will collaborate closely with [Company] Canadian construction team to develop continuity in our business processes and systems, and to develop and share staff across North America as appropriate to serve existing and new clients.
- The Director of Ground Engineering and Construction will secure and execute projects for which [Company] has the ability to meet or exceed the expectations of our clients related to construction delivery as well as the health and safety, and quality, and the projects are aligned with our risk management and profitability goals (individual project and aggregate basis).
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Secure Ground Improvement Construction Projects
- Internal networking including visits to key US offices to introduce ground engineering and construction capabilities and collaboration with the Project Development Team to identify and qualify opportunities focused on design and construction of ground improvement projects;
- Develop and lead project estimating and proposal team in the preparation and delivery of proposals, statements of qualifications, and other related materials in response to requests for proposals;
- Develop and lead team to perform feasibility evaluations and conceptual designs for ground improvement projects;
- Perform and encourage team participation in regular business development activities, including publishing papers, poster presentations, and platform presentations related to advances in ground improvement techniques and [Company] capabilities; and
- Preparing and delivering internal presentations on completed construction projects, construction capabilities, construction methods, construction H&S, and the value of our design and construct business.
- Develop and Lead Team for Detailed Design of Ground Improvement Projects
- *Develop and lead a team including collaboration with [Company] traditional consulting practice that delivers detailed engineering designs suitable for construction of ground improvement projects on time and within budget constraints;
- Lead US collaboration with [Company] team to support client demands for conceptual and detailed design for ground improvement projects;
- Provide direction, technical leadership, and peer review for ground engineering design and construction projects that are led by members of [Company] traditional consulting services across the US; and
- Provide senior review of design documents and construction estimates for ground improvement projects across North America.
- Develop and Lead Team for Construction of Ground Improvement Projects
- Establish and lead a core team to secure, design, and construct ground improvement projects, including recruitment for key positions potentially including a senior construction manager, project manager, contract administration specialist, site superintendent, and others;
- Recruit and develop the construction execution team using existing staff from [Company] traditional consulting practice and/or recruit new professionals on pace with project load to maintain a safe work environment, a high level of quality, strong client service, and sound business risk management practices;
- Supervise junior and mid-level engineering staff on Ground Engineering and Construction projects;
- Serve as Project Director on Ground Engineering and Construction projects and coordinate related design services with other disciplines including drafters, estimators, schedulers, legal counsel, and construction managers;
- Perform periodic site inspections for Ground Engineering and Construction projects to review safety, production, key personnel performance, construction quality, and compliance with plans and specifications;
- Develop project and team financial targets and lead Ground Engineering and Construction Team to achieve or exceed goals for gross revenue sales and profitability; and
- Support North America Ground Engineering and Construction team in developing and implementing specific tactics to maintain key competitive advantages in the marketplace that promote growth and achieve profitability goals.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience with [Company] and/or in the geotechnical design, including experience related to construction of ground improvement projects;
- Be based in either Atlanta, GA, Redmond, WA, or Denver, CO;
- Minimum of a Master's degree in soil mechanics, geotechnical engineering or geological engineering; a PhD is preferred;
- Knowledgeable in ground engineering, civil works, and specialized foundation works;
- Experience with estimating, scheduling, and cost control for construction-related projects;
- Ability to build, lead and mentor high performing teams;
- Ability to train and mentor technical and non-technical staff;
- Ability to learn new technical services and solutions;
- Familiarity with construction estimating (ideally using Construction Link or Heavy Bid), scheduling (MS Project and/or Primavera), and cost control processes and tools;
- Positive attitude and a desire to succeed;
- Flexible and able to operate in a dynamic business environment;
- Ability to connect and develop relationships with various internal and external stakeholders;
- Professional and proactive;
- Available to travel up to 50% of his/her time in North America.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List