- Bulk Material Handling & Special Purpose Machinery
- Mining & Metals
- Inventor & AutoCAD
- Wollongong location
- 80-100 K$+sup
- + other great benefits
Our client, a Multinational organisation with over 60 sites worldwide requires a Mechanical Design Draftsman to work from their flagship Wollongong office. They design and manufacture Bulk Material Handling for a number of diverse industries including rail, mining & metals, as well food and medical.
Due to rapid company expansion and an abundance of new exciting and innovative projects, they require several draftsmen to join their team at this exciting time.
The successful Design Draftsman’s daily responsibilities will involve:
• Modelling using Inventor and AutoCAD.
• Produce Plant Layouts, Structures and Material Handling Equipment drawings
• Production of drafts / drawings from supplied information such as engineering request forms, client specifications, design calculations sheets.
• Deliver drawings to satisfy quality, accuracy and timing requirements of clients and Senior Engineers.
• Creation and selection of BOM’s along with Senior Engineers.
• Make Engineering changes to existing designs.
• Communicate design process information with Project Stakeholders.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Previous Machinery Design is essential
• 5 years experience within Bulk Material Handling equipment design
• Excellent Mechanical and structural design skills
• Excellent Inventor Skills
• Strong AutoCAD skills
• 5+ Years experience as a designer working in a Drawing office
• Coordinate and manage communication and engagement issues as they arise
• High Mechanical Aptitude
• Manage and Deliver Projects
• A good understanding of metal fabrication materials
This fantastic opportunity offers a contract role within a Blue Chip market leader, a competitive salary package as well as an abundance of career growth and development.