Brisbane Based - Corporate
- Multiple Position Available
- Mining, Civil, Gas experience required
- Large civil contractor
- Residential Role
About the Company: Being the largest Civil Contractors in Australia, this top tier civil contractor has a proven background delivering the infrastructure support to major developments and resources giants. With an focus on safe working practices our client is looking for various safety professionals to join the team.
About the Role: Workplace Health and Safety Advisor required for a residential role in Brisbane. As part of the LNG project team you will act as the interface between the EPCM contractor and our client.
- Promote and champion Safety in the workplace
- Ensure that work activities are performed in accordance with the requirements of the Corporate Management System and client safety systems
- Work with internal personnel to protect the health and safety of staff, contractors, visitors and clients by ensuring that risks in the workplace are appropriately identified and mitigated
- Monitor, advise and report on the HSE performance of the project, in accordance with the requirements of the system and the project specific management plans
- Establish and maintain a safe onsite working environment for the nominated project
- Provide guidance, support and training in the HSE requirements
- Provide a communication and reporting conduit between the EPCM firm and the client
- Constantly review working procedures and practices within area of responsibility
- Develop a safe work environment by controlling, directing and monitoring work practices
You will have a minimum of 2 years experience within a similar position. You will be required to support the whole project and site staff ensuring Health and Safety maintains the key focus throughout the company and on projects. This role is a stepping stone to more senior roles across the organisation. You will implement, maintain and monitor compliance of safety systems.
This really is an opportunity to take a major career step forward for the right candidate. The ideal candidate will have worked on a variety of projects including Mining, Civil and Construction.
About the benefits / rewards: Part of the success of our client has been their ability to attract and retain the best staff in industry; they do this by offering above average salary packages and a positive environment to work in. For this particular role the salary is negotiable for the right candidate and will be dependent on previous industry experience. In addition to the salary the successful candidate will also benefit from a healthy bonus as an incentive to do well.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
Minimum Cert IV OSH
Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role
Experience the implementation, maintenance and monitoring compliance of safety systems
Experience in managing contractor and subcontractor safety
All applications are confidential