Perth Based - Corporate
- Multiple Position Available
- Mining, Civil, Gas experience required
- Large civil contractor
- Residential Role
About the Company: Being the largest Civil Contractors in Australia, this top tier civil contractor has a proven background delivering the infrastructure support to major developments and resources giants. With an focus on safe working practices our client is looking for various safety professionals to join the team.
About the Role:
Health and Safety Advisor's required for a residential role in Perth. Based in the Perth office you will be repsonsible for provinding advice on all Health, Safety & Environmental matters related to the Gorgon projects.You will be responsible for:
- Setting up Safe Work Procedures
- Regular reports to Senior Management on all Safety matters including weekly Environment Reports
- Assist in the development of risk management strategies and monitor their progress
- Raise the Environmental awareness of all personnel (including Subcontractors) through observations, discussions, publications.
- Communicate the Environmental Policy, and acting in conjunction with the Environmental Task Force, review the Environmental Policy.
- Identify/Review the environmental aspects and provide recommendations for continuous improvement of all activities.
Identify/Document environmental training needs/plan for employees considering their roles, responsibilities, significant aspects, Provide advice, timely and accurate information to all internal personnel on all aspects of project environmental management, including up to date information on legislative and best practice requirements
You will have a minimum of 2 years experience within a similar position. You will be required to support the whole project and site staff ensuring Health and Safety maintains the key focus throughout the company and on projects. This role is a stepping stone to more senior roles across the organisation. You will implement, maintain and monitor compliance of safety systems.
This really is an opportunity to take a major career step forward for the right candidate. The ideal candidate will have worked on a variety of projects including Mining, Civil and Construction.
About the benefits / rewards
: Part of the success of our client has been their ability to attract and retain the best staff in industry; they do this by offering above average salary packages and a positive environment to work in. For this particular role the salary is negotiable for the right candidate and will be dependent on previous industry experience. In addition to the salary the successful candidate will also benefit from a healthy bonus as an incentive to do well.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
Minimum Cert IV OSH
Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role
Experience the implementation, maintenance and monitoring compliance of safety systems
Experience in managing contractor and subcontractor safety
All applications are confidential