World Class Opportunities
Imperial Oil is one of Canada’s largest corporations and a leading member of the country’s petroleum industry. The company is a major producer of crude oil and natural gas, Canada’s largest petroleum refiner, a key petrochemical producer and a leading marketer with coast-to-coast supply and retail service station networks.
Tailings Planning Technical Lead
The successful candidate will be a member of Imperial Oil’s Mine Technical Organization and will report to the Mine and Tailings Supervisor.
The Tailings Planning Technical Lead, will provide technical guidance, mentorship and leadership to the Tailings Planning team.
- Be a safety leader – support and adhere by all standards and procedures and operate with safety as a value
- Accountable for Long and Mid-Range Tailings Planning activities including: material balances, scheduling, equipment optimization, infrastructure requirements and mining integration.
- Development of tailings related regulatory submissions.
- Technical oversight / review of tailings related projects being executed by Imperial Oil’s Western Canada Major Projects organization.
- Optimization studies in support of expansion plans and continuous improvement initiatives
The successful applicant will join a growing oil sands team that will contribute to one of the largest and technically challenging resource development projects in Canada. This position provides excellent opportunity for professional growth within the organization.
· BSc in Mining Engineering, Geological Engineering, Civil Engineering or equivalent
· Excellent communication skills
· Operational experience in tailings planning
· Previous experience in oil sands is an asset
· Proficient with use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Experience with AutoCAD or any commercial mine design and planning software package would be an asset
· Minimum of 8 years’ experience in mining / tailings engineering, preferably in oil sands
· Ability and willingness to work with Operations personnel
For more details on the position/requirements and to apply, please visit the Experienced Professional Recruitment section of our website at www.imperialoil.ca/careers and submit your resume by September 15, 2012.
Successful applicants must:
· Be permanently eligible to work in Canada
· Participate in pre-employment background screening
Imperial Oil Limited is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. In certain situations, Imperial Oil may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.