Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
810062 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
August 15, 2012
Granite Construction Company, Inc
October 14, 2012
- Since 1922 Granite Construction has built some of America’s largest infrastructure projects; highways, bridges, dams, rail, power and other “heavy civil” projects. Additionally, many of our offices provide high quality concrete, asphalt and gravel products for the construction industry. At Granite , we believe that our greatest asset is our people. We build careers by encouraging creativity and providing opportunities for development. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability and Citizenship.
- This position provides advanced professional accounting support to the General Accounting department related to the maintenance, processing and analysis of accounting records in a manner consistent with the Company policies and procedures.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Participate in the monthly close process for over 100 plants, and ensure that closing deadlines are met
- Maintain the cost accounting system and cost ledger to ensure financial accuracy
- Prepare and analyze inventory valuations, cost of sales, and variances as required for the monthly financial close and financial reporting
- Review of financial reports to ensure the accuracy and clarity of information presented
- Establish, interpret, and analyze complex accounting records to support strategic decision making and ensure compliance with GAAP
- Identify issues within the cost accounting system, including recommendations for resolution, and partner with operations to implement viable solutions
- Partner with operations to streamline processes and implement industry best practices
- Respond to inquiries from Management/Executives related to monthly financial package
- Prepare selected balance sheet reconciliations and analysis to ensure accuracy and compliance with GAAP
- Perform special projects and additional assignments, as directed, to support the General Accounting function
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA designation a plus
- 5+ years’ experience in product cost accounting and inventory management
- Prior experience working for a publicly held (mid to large sized) manufacturing company
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Advanced data collection/extraction and MS office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.) skills
- Knowledge of construction materials business, or similar industry experience
- Proven experience in implementing industry best practices
- Advanced technical knowledge of US GAAP
- Team player who can operate effectively within a matrix management environment
- Excellent consultative and communication skills and ability to interface effectively with all levels of engagement
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to provide creative solutions to real-time challenges
- Ability to work in high production environment and respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively disseminate information and convey concepts and ideas to all levels of employees
About Granite Construction Incorporated
- Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company , one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List