Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
810076 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
August 15, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
October 14, 2012
- Electricians perform preventive and corrective maintenance on electrical equipment, including transformers, power distribution systems, switch gears, motors, motor control systems and lighting. Additional duties include installation of new electrical systems and modification, retrofit and redesign of existing systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform preventive maintenance on electrical equipment per job plan.
- Utilize electrical test equipment, maintenance manuals, schematics, wiring diagrams, single-line diagrams, etc., to troubleshoot electrical systems.
- Install, terminate and splice electrical cables.
- Plan and install new equipment or modify existing installations in a manner that maximizes reliability, minimizes waste of materials, and provides for ease of future maintenance.
- Must be able to operate or learn to operate mobile equipment, including boom trucks, forklifts and equipment to assist in electrical maintenance and repair.
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
- All applicants must take a written test. Test is used to evaluate a candidate’s strengths and weaknesses and is used to determine qualification for Class 1 or Class 2 status.
- Must have own tools, including pliers, wrenches, screw drivers, hacksaws, volt meter, circuit testers and other related hand tools. A minimum tool requirement list will be provided.
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts, rotating days off, and overtime as required.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
Required Education And Experience:
- Must have High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in electrical maintenance in heavy industry. Exposure to SXEW and large mining P&H shovel equipment is a plus.
- Preferred candidate must have a certificate of completion of an electrical maintenance program or equivalent.
- Preventative and Corrective Maintenance on SXEW Plant And Mine Electrical Equipment
- Power Distribution Systems
- Installation of New Electrical Systems and Modification
- Retrofit and Redesign of Existing Systems
- 4160 Experience
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List