Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
810097 Job Summary
Technical Manager – Product Manufacturing
Employer Job Id:
Alcoa Center, PA
August 15, 2012
October 14, 2012
Technical Manager – Product Manufacturing
- Alcoa had a dynamic opportunity for a Technical Manager – Product Manufacturing to work at the Alcoa Technical Center , located in Alcoa Center (New Kensington) PA, a suburb of Pittsburgh. The Alcoa Technical Center is Alcoa’s largest research, development, and applied engineering laboratory. Alcoa Technical Center occupies a 127-acre campus with an additional 2,019 acres of rolling countryside. This facility is the world’s largest light metals research and development center with a full range of lab capabilities, from bench-scale to full production-scale equipment. The facility has a diverse, multi-lingual workforce holding more than 100 doctorate and 200 master’s Degrees.
- The Technical Manager – Product Manufacturing will report to the Director, Engineered Products & Solutions (EPS) Business Technology and will be responsible for leading an organization in applied research, engineering, and development of end product manufacturing and fabrication processes that are aligned to Alcoa’s current businesses and growth strategies. The organization’s scope includes fusion based joining, mechanical fastening, assembly, dimensional management, machining, and additive manufacturing processes. The organization’s primary responsibility is to lead the development of new end product manufacturing processes supporting existing businesses and leading to new business options for Alcoa .
- Setting long range goals and technical strategies
- Identifying and assessing emerging technologies and competitive threats
- Planning technical programs
- Establishing objectives
- Assigning and guiding project work
- Evaluating group and individual performance.
- Guiding the technical staff in developing new product manufacturing processes
- Overseeing a broad scope of projects that are both conceptual and applied in nature
- Successful execution in this role will require broad influence of business leaders, technical leaders, marketing and manufacturing personnel.
- Identify, develop and implement core technologies which will provide critical and rapid technology innovations for Alcoa .
- Assure the transfer of proven technology.
- Define, foster, and drive collaborative linkages across ATC and Business Unit organizations
- Ensure succession planning and people development systems are implemented and that core capabilities are developed.
- Develop and broaden people for future assignments.
- Lead the division to meet and exceed goals.
- Acquire, allocate, and utilize all appropriate resources.
- Establish, review and maintain a strategy for linking basic research in end product manufacturing to new product and process development to contribute
- Identify potential threats and emerging technology opportunities that can impact Alcoa’s current and future businesses.
- Set the direction for the technology portfolio for the organization.
- Build linkages between the divisions to develop core competencies and to provide broadening opportunities for the organization.
- Lead, develop, and motivate teams to provide innovative and timely R&D problem-solving.
- Create technology networks within Alcoa and ensures the best internal and external technology resources are brought to bear on solving problems in a timely manner.
- Ensures development of employees to ensure their growth and Alcoa’s competitiveness.
- MS in an engineering or science
- 10+ years of work experience in research, technology development, and implementation.
- Leadership experience in technology organizations.
- Preferred Qualifications
- PhD in an engineering or science
- Organizational leadership experience.
- Experience developing or applying advanced manufacturing technologies.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List