Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
810103 Job Summary
Systems and Methods Analyst
Employer Job Id:
September 20, 2012
November 20, 2012
Systems and Methods Analyst
- At Alcoa , our goal is to be the best company in the world! Alcoa is the world's leading producer and manager of primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum and alumina facilities, and is active in all major aspects of the industry. Alcoa serves the aerospace, automotive, packaging, building and construction, commercial transportation, and industrial markets, bringing design, engineering, production, and other capabilities of Alcoa's businesses as a single solution to customers. This position is located in Tucson, AZ and reports to the Quality Manager.
- Responsible for performing quality functions in relation to the implementation, administration and maintenance of the quality systems.
- Responsible for performing laboratory inspections, gage calibrations, & maintaining a clear record of quality conformances.
- Must be able to work closely with individuals to support production & quality teams.
- Implement and evaluate internal and supplier quality systems to ensure product quality and compliance with contractual requirements.
- Define analytical techniques, perform analysis, conduct audits and write procedures that meet contract specifications.
- Provide training, feedback and develop solutions to a wide range of issues working with manufacturing cells to improve process.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Implement an effective ISO 9000 internal audit system and interpret customer contractual requirements into operating procedures and practices.
- Act as a Key Contact with outside Auditors and suppliers
- Evaluate incoming contracts, purchase orders, engineering drawing changes, procedure updates, develop and implement company policies, procedures and other documents.
- Work with quality engineering to develop and monitor a process improvement & SPC program (continuous project) for each of the focus factories.
- Use of MSA, Control Plans, Gage R & R’s, and other statistical techniques.
- Lead material review process, process non-conforming material per internal MRB procedures; perform disposition, issue corrective actions, and aid in root cause analysis that should be taken to eliminate/reduce non-conformances. Provide trend and tracking graphs for each focus factory.
- Perform supplier management activities that include on site surveys, monitoring supplier deliveries, providing feedback metrics and supplier ratings.
- Analyze quality metrics and participate in troubleshooting efforts to solve quality problems.
- Support, research, and gather data including quotes for capital expenditures.
- Act as a resource for design and experiment capability studies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to Alcoa EH&S, Quality, Continuous Improvements and other Company Policies.
- BS in Quality, Engineering or Related Field.
- Formal training in Lean Manufacturing.
- Must have a minimum of five years working experience in quality within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with formal ISO quality systems is required.
- Must have specific knowledge of product function, testing, design, SPC and capability study techniques.
- Experience with supplier management and auditing is required.
- Must possess strong communication skills.
- Must have a demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement.
- Six sigma certification is preferred.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List