Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
810204 Job Summary
UPS Technician II
Employer Job Id:
August 15, 2012
October 14, 2012
UPS Technician II
- Repair, recondition, service, and maintain Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems, both static and flywheel and other power system’s related components. Troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions and failures of the complete power system. Work in adverse weather conditions as needed. Accept all out of town assignments requiring extended overnight stays. Communicate orally and in writing information, instructions and explanations to associates, clients and management regarding equipment conditions, problems and recommendations.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment malfunctions and failures.
- Maintain excellent client relationships and support for corporate marketing objectives.
- Repair, recondition, and maintain equipment and components.
- Prepare service reports on a timely basis.
- Plan and control cost of repair jobs.
- Maintain company equipment – keep in good clean orderly condition.
- Work safely at all times. Adhere to all applicable safety policies. Comply with all company policies, procedures and standards.
- Own and maintain required personal tools.
- Learn and use Empire , Caterpillar and allied product procedures and systems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain current MSHA card if work area requires.
- Provide on-the-job training to technicians and helpers as assigned.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Travel to remote locations as needed.
- Make warranty recommendations.
- Communicate with proper individuals to clarify instructions or discuss scope or progress of job.
- Must accomplish training and serve as a Green Belt in support of EMPIRE's Six Sigma program.
- Work within and promote corporate values.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated technical skill competence.
- Demonstrates the ability to gain clients confidence with their knowledge of the UPS equipment.
- Knowledge and skills to operate and understand diagnostic equipment including computerized instrumentation.
- Appropriate manner, conduct, and grooming adhere to company policy.
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively.
- Consistent attendance.
- Ability to obtain CDL.
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Current driver’s license.
- Current CDL is required prior to hire. (On-going costs to maintain CDL after hire date will be paid by Empire
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience as a mechanic in the electrical/electronic power field, with 3 of those years specializing in UPS (uninterruptable power systems).Must have certificates of accomplishment from multiple UPS Manufacturers.
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write) in English.
This position is designated as a "Safety-Sensitive Position". A Safety-Sensitive Position includes tasks or duties that the employer in good faith believes could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others, which includes any of the following: operating a motor vehicle, other vehicle, equipment, machinery or manufacturing process, the malfunction or disruption of which could result in injury or property damage; performing duties in the residential or commercial premises of a customer, supplier or vendor; working in any occupation subject to federal safety regulations.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List