Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
810218 Job Summary
IT Network & Systems Manager
Employer Job Id:
August 15, 2012
General Equipment & Supplies Inc.
October 14, 2012
IT Network & Systems Manager
- This individual is responsible for all aspects of the company’s business systems and network administration. This individual would be responsible for all IT related personnel and functions, including but not limited to the budget, personnel, maintenance, project management, security and oversight of all IT related services. This person advises and makes recommendations to the President, Corporate Finance Controller and other department managers with respect to how the company’s business systems can be utilized, enabling the company to be more productive in daily processes and to reach overall company goals more efficiently.
- This person is accountable to the Corporate Finance Controller for proper interpretation and fulfillment of functions, specific and general responsibilities and related authority, and relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage industry specific interfaces, complete network and other related products that facilitate the company’s operating systems
- Develop, schedule and maintain adequate system training opportunities for new and existing users to include refresher and new enhancement training
- Maintain current vendor relationships and cultivate networking and business development opportunities with software vendors and user groups
- Work with all vendors requiring interfaces for business to business activities
- Work with business system providers to keep business system performing and updated. Includes timely updates, patches and performance and development enhancements
- Lead investigations and implement company IT and business systems related projects
- Manage and provide backup support for the company wide email system, internet, data and voice network systems, and monitoring systems.
- Responsible for the connectivity of 8 branch locations and several field salesman.
- Manage and direct activities of the IT Staff
- Responsible for availability and stability of network, including maintenance operations and projects
- Recommend, purchase, provide support, and maintenance for computer hardware for the daily use of employees along with servers and networking equipment for the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Corporate Finance Controller
- Minimum of 4 year computer science degree or job related equivalent experience
- An above average computer comfort level to work with all aspects of work stations, personal computers, associated software such as Microsoft Office products. Skills in Microsoft SQL management, Knowledge of SAN environment, Blade Center, Virtual Servers, wireless APs, and Cisco Equipment
Additional Job Requirements:
- Must have a positive mental attitude
- Cooperates with employees of other departments
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Must be self-motivated, goal orientated, highly energetic, friendly and outgoing personality
- Must have good organizational skills and be very detail-oriented
The duties described above are the general nature and levels of work performed, but are not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required of job incumbents.
Supervisors or managers may ask job incumbents to perform other duties as needed and/or required.
Management has the right to revise this position description at any time. The position description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List