Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
810895 Job Summary
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Employer Job Id:
August 16, 2012
October 15, 2012
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Description and Desired Qualifications
- Help our clients provide and sustain clean water resources around the world. As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer you will be responsible for developing and implementing field exploration and laboratory testing programs, conducting geotechnical analyses, preparing geotechnical data and design reports, and developing general earthwork related specifications for civil engineering projects and with specific experience at preparing dam and tunnel-related project designs and specifications. You will have the opportunity to follow projects from concept through construction with our office geotechnical engineers and to work on current and upcoming design-build projects. You should be a self-motivated professional with a proven and successful 15 year track record in Geotechnical Engineering as well as possess a BS in Civil Engineering and a MS with an emphasis in Geotechnical Engineering. Your experience with deep foundation construction, specifically drilled shaft and pile installation; with design assignments in pipe jacking and tunneling, earth retaining structures, levees and dams and seismic design; and with computer programs, including FB-Multipier, PLAXIS and FLAC will contribute to your success. You should have experience with large urban design and construction projects, a PE, and the desire to help grow our geotechnical practice and to grow personally as well as professionally.
Our Senior Geotechnical Engineers:
- Participate in field assignments that will include observation of explorations (soil and rock borings, test pits, CPT probes, geophysical testing) and geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring; and inspection of earth retaining structures, deep foundations (drilled shafts, piles), tunnels, foundation subgrade, shallow foundations, levees and dams.
- Design shallow and deep foundations, earth retaining structures, ground improvement, earth embankments and cut slopes, dams and tunnels.
- Perform earthquake hazard evaluations, including site-specific site response analysis.
- Are responsible for analysis of laboratory testing results and preparation of technical reports, data reports and baseline reports.
- Have experience with design assignments and computer programs including SETTLE3D, GRLWEAP, LPILE, SLIDE or SLOPE, SHAFT, DRIVEN, MATHCAD.
- Prepare design drawings and specifications.
- Display strong communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
- Drive ownership of health & safety in all aspects of project execution, office and personal environments.
- CH2M HILL will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc.) to fill this position.
- Masters Degree in Engineering with an emphasis on Geotechnical Engineering
- 13 years of geotechnical consulting experience
- Prior experience with the geotechnical aspects of dam and tunnel design
- Able to travel as needed for projects
- Current PE registration
- Working knowledge of planning and executing complex geotechnical design projects from start to finish including preparation of technical reports
In addition to the basic qualifications, we also desire the following:
- PhD with an emphasis in Geotechnical Engineering
- 18+ years of geotechnical consulting experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent Marketing and Presentation skills
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and teaching skills (proven record of mentorship), flexible and adaptable work style
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List