Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
810957 Job Summary
Plant Engineering: Project Manager I
Employer Job Id:
Baton Rouge, LA
August 16, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
October 15, 2012
Plant Engineering: Project Manager I
To be Considered Candidates:
- Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
- [Company] , a [Company] company, is committed to providing our customers in the chemical, petrochemical and refining industries flexible solutions for their capital project and plant support needs. These solutions encompass the highest quality measures and safe practices in the industry.
- [Company] , offers a full range of services, including project management, controls and estimating, process design basis development, front-end engineering and design, detailed engineering and design, procurement, and engineering support during construction.
- Overall Purpose of Job: This position establishes an execution framework on a project that complies with the contract and ensures the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and [Company] profitability of the completed project.
Primary Job Duties/Functions:
Under general supervision, performs all project management responsibilities on small (Low Risk) capital projects, including:
- Executing all aspects of the total project in accordance with the scope of the contract.
- Delivery of the project in accordance with the Project Baseline.
- Meeting the as-sold profitability target established in the Project Baseline.
- Providing strong and effective project leadership and establishing an execution framework to ensure the quality, value, timeliness, and profitability of the total project execution (EPCM, startup, and operations).
- Managing client relations and enhancing customer satisfaction.
- Documenting project status periodically and in final close-out report.
- Demonstrating Innovation, initiative, maturity, and sound judgment
- Establishing the Project Baseline as soon as feasible, as well as ensuring that it is fully documented, updated, and communicated to the project team as appropriate.
- Reviewing all Project Baseline requirements and preparing a written scope of facilities and services and communicating to project leads.
- Establishing and maintaining a fully documented change control system that tracks all changes to the Contract and Project Baseline requirements or conditions.
- Establishing and defining the project organization, defining the project staffing requirements, and coordinating staffing with supporting organization managers.
- Establishing, communicating, implementing, and maintaining a current Project Execution Plan (PEP) and Project Procedures Manual (PPM).
- Executing the work in accordance with the quality standards and requirements specified for the project, including preparing and complying with project-specific Activity Plans.
- Establishing a highly cost-effective project environment.
- Managing and controlling the project’s cost and schedule by ensuring that effective project controls are in place and functioning properly, including establishing a Project Structure (Work Breakdown Structure/Network/Network Activity), a quantitative approach to planning, reporting and control, and a change management system.
- Providing coordination between design, procurement, and/or construction for integration of technical content and schedule activities.
- Coordinating preparation and issuance of project deliverables, design documents, and bid packages.
- Coordinating design efforts with licensors, vendors, and/or subcontractors to ensure proper and complete integration with project plans.
- Keeping senior operations management of the Group fully informed on project status, including client relations, project cost and schedule, changes in risk assessment, anticipated changes in project financial performance, and any other major concerns.
- Acting as Proposal Manager, responsible for managing completion of technical and commercial proposals, providing project planning, means and methods of project execution, schedule preparation, cost estimating, and proposal strategy.
- Other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements
- 2-4 Yrs. Experience as a Project Engineer and 2-4 Yrs. Experience as a Design Engineer or Construction Engineer
- B.S. Engineering (any discipline)
- Two-year technical degree or equivalent preferred
- Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the intermediate use of spreadsheets
- The use of Discipline Specific software such as Intergraph SmartPlant may be required
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 -5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List