Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
811976 Job Summary
Field Support Engineer-Electrical/Controls
Employer Job Id:
August 17, 2012
FLSmidth Mineral Processing
October 16, 2012
Field Support Engineer-Electrical/Controls
- This position primarily serves as the controls resource between the company and the client on FLSmidth material handling equipment operating or to be operated at the client’s site. The position serves as a conduit for the engineering staff of FLSmidth , providing necessary feedback and recommendations of installed equipment in the field.
- Provide technical assistance with controls maintenance support, commissioning and testing of FLSmidth material handling equipment.
- Provide operation and maintenance training of FLSmidth material handling equipment as required.
- Assist with preparation of, functional specifications, equipment assembly documentation and checkout procedures for PLC control logic.
- Assist with equipment maintenance and refurbishment.
- Monitor both method and quality of equipment assembly and installation work.
- Carry out commissioning activities in accordance with the approved commissioning plan and procedures.
- Demonstrate and promote safe work behavior at all times.
- Actively participate in risk assessment and risk management activities.
- Provide feedback to engineering on field issues and offer recommendations for equipment design modifications and improvements.
- Liaise amicably and professionally with all levels of customer and company personnel to achieve desired outcomes.
- Assist with expediting and scheduling to achieve or exceed customer expectations.
- Support aftermarket spares and service sales via the Customer Service Department (CSD) sales and service team.
- Represent FLSmidth in all settings with the utmost professional image.
- Recommend updates to drawings and registers as required in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Report customer activities and sales opportunities as required.
- Perform onsite inspections of FLSmidth material handling equipment and communicate via site report writing and operational recommendations.
- Observe and execute all job responsibilities in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Assume other duties as may be directed from time to time.
Education And/or Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Electrical/Controls Engineering and two years progressive experience in controls engineering; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated ability to understand PLC programming and operations, equipment start-up procedures, verification of instruments and field devices. Must have the ability to read and interpret schematics plus perform trouble shooting. Actual site experience in a construction or operations environment is desired.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, engineers, clients, and customers. Must have the ability to speak, write and read English. Fluency in other languages such as Spanish, German or French would be beneficial but not essential.
- Applied engineering mathematics, statistics, and business and economic analysis.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Power Point and PLC programming hardware (Allen Bradley, Seimens, Modicon and GE). An understanding of equipment maintenance practices and experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Health and Safety Manager
<1 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List