Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
812007 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
August 17, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
October 16, 2012
- Supervise the day-to-day Horizontal Drilling Operations on a drill site utilizing new, innovative, automated drilling rig; and cutting-edge, high-tech rotary steerable MWD and LWD directional tools. Coordinate, schedule and supervise all drilling operations including rig operations, drill string components, directional drilling, mud program, hydraulic program, and cementing operations. Maintain daily drilling reports and daily cost reports. Maintain a safe and efficient rig site. Position could lead to advancement to rig supervisor, rig manager, drilling manager and other operations management positions.
- Work safely at all times surrounded by unpredictable field conditions, continuously moving vehicles and equipment, adverse weather conditions.
- Coordinate, Schedule and Supervise the Move in and Rig up of the drilling rig, components and support equipment.
- Coordinate, Schedule and Supervise the day to day drilling operations.
- Constantly Monitor and Evaluate all drilling parameters.
- Coordinate and monitor all service and supply contractors including, Rig crew, Directional drillers, Mud engineers, Mud loggers, casing crews, wellhead installation, BOP testing, Drill pipe inspections, BHA, tools, bits and jars.
- Have a working knowledge of Horizontal directional drilling, Mud drilling, Air Drilling, Casing operations, Rig components and support equipment.
- Working knowledge, understanding and communication of Directional plans, Hydraulic mud program, operating range of rig equipment, pumps, compressors, generators, BOP's, etc..
- Directly communicate on a continuous basis with Rig Manager, Drilling Manager and Director of Drilling Operations.
- Attend weekly operations meetings, scheduled training and seminars, contractor meetings, pre-spud meetings.
- Effectively recognize out of range drilling parameters, hole conditions, mud properties, variance from directional plan.
- Anticipate, evaluate and trouble shoot abnormal and/or unusual operating conditions.
- Working knowledge of Fishing operations, pipe recovery, whip stocks, Work-Overs, Snubbing operations.
- Maintain daily costs. Sign off on all field service tickets. Sign off on daily IADC drilling reports. Assure that all services and materials have assigned Requisitions and purchase order numbers.
- Make sure all contractors are hazard trained. Conduct daily safety meetings. Communicate all safety issues directly to
- Company safety supervisor.
- Comply with all laws, policies and regulations. Maintain work site free of all waste and spills. Promptly report all adverse
- environmental conditions. Maintain a clean Rig site and hazard free working conditions.
- Must be a highly safety minded individual.
- 1-2 years of previous drilling operations experience required.
- 4 year College degree preferred.
- Willing to work in adverse weather conditions, shift work, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess basic computer skills - Excel, Word, Power Point
- Must be able to drive safely off-road in adverse conditions.
- May require travel and short term assignment to other operating areas.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List