Hays are proud to partner with a truly, innovative, leading organisation whose scope crosses a variety of fields across the globe.
They are seeking to appoint a Project Manager / Senior Project Engineer into their Power Generation business in Brisbane.
This key role will see you leading a team of Project Engineers executing projects across a national portfolio of power stations.
You will drive the execution of a multi-faceted program of works, delivering projects safely, on time, on budget and with the highest quality by partnering with multiple functional teams.
You will plan and deliver projects specific to overhaul, maintenance, upgrading and refurbishment of power generation equipment.
In more detail your role will include:
- Managing both planned and unplanned program of works.
- Effective planning of programs and clear communication of timeline, goals and milestones.
- Establish strategic partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, change management proposals, and requirements documentation.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
The role is Brisbane based but you must be willing to travel and work away from Brisbane for various periods sometimes up to 3 months at a time (with intermittent travel to home dependant on project requirements).
To apply for this position
you should be Engineer with significant power generation projects experience, have tertiary qualifications in Mechanical or Electrical (Power) Engineering and industry engineering experience working in a related heavy industry environment of 10+ years and possess project management skills.
Strong specialist skills and background in steam / gas turbine power projects will be well regarded.