Location: Perth CBD, WA
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Here at 2XM Recruit Pty Ltd we are an established specialist recruitment consultancy with a global footprint spanning Europe, America, Middle East and Australasia. We adopt a proactive, dynamic approach to permanent and temporary recruitment solutions within the Mining, Oil & Gas, Manufacturing, Rail, Automotive, Defence and Turnkey Projects.
We pride ourselves on understanding our "clients" needs by providing realistic solutions that meet with your objectives. Our approach is consultative which maintains our brand promise "to go The Xtra Mile".
My client is a one of the largest Iron Ore producers in the world, with most of their production is in Australia. With numerous mine sites in the Pilbara, as well as multiple port facilities, they can respond rapidly to changes in demand. There has been significant expansion of their Western Australian operations over the past 10 years and the plan is to continue the growth in capacity during the next few years.
There is currently a number of opportunities to join this team based in the Perth office as a Evaluation Geologists, to do so you will have the following skills and qualifications.
Specialist skills required
• Geological interpretation primarily in metalliferous environments.
• Resource modelling using a common industry software package.
• Statistical and geo-statistical analysis and knowledge of sampling/assaying QA/QC procedures.
• Ability to identify and apply appropriate resource estimation techniques.
• Ability to work effectively in unfamiliar environments and circumstances.
• Ability to communicate with all levels of employees including senior management, technical professions and operational personnel.
• Iron ore experience preferred but not essential
Degree in geology with 5+ years of sound geological and resource estimation experience in a variety of environments.
Membership of a professional organisation that enables Competent Person status under the JORC Code or similar national reporting system.
An exceptional salary package is on offer
including base, superannuation, performance bonuses as well as fantastic opportunities to expand your education and your expertise... Interested?