Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
812924 Job Summary
Manager, Government Affairs Northwest Region
Employer Job Id:
August 18, 2012
Registrant - Log In to see Company Name
October 17, 2012
Manager, Government Affairs Northwest Region
- The role of the Manager, Government Affairs is to analyze and understand relevant state and federal public policy issues, identify and anticipate legislative and regulatory policy developments and their impacts on the company, and effectively advocate before a myriad of internal and external audiences in furtherance of [Company] interests.
- The duties of this position will require considerable travel and extended periods away from Seattle to address work demands in the state of Washington. It is anticipated that extended travel periods may constitute 50% or more of the time for this position, involving 35 to 75 days/nights or more out of the office and/or out of town.
- Public Policy – Participate in the execution of the public policy and government relations efforts for [Company] business through proactive issue identification and analysis at the state and federal level. Work with state and federal stakeholders, including representatives from industry, manufacturing, agriculture, energy, large land owners and the business community, to further [Company] interests. Develop and maintain strong relationships with government to effectively manage and enhance [Company] reputation. Continuously learn and understand [Company] business in order to spot issues and function independently. Work closely with key internal and external stakeholders in furtherance of the company’s legislative, regulatory and public affairs initiatives.
- Political Strategy – Participate in the organization and implementation of effective state and federal political and contribution strategies. Develop and maintain strong relationships with elected officials at all levels. Plan and execute successful company and industry political events to favourably position the company.
- Community Affairs – Actively participate and interact with Community Affairs staff to further department and company goals. Serve as liaison to other areas within the company to help influence operations and approaches to position the company for anticipated public policy changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and extensive experience working with elected officials and government audiences at the local and state level, or any combination of education and experience that provides the requisite knowledge to successfully perform the job.
- Develops and builds relationships with local, state and federal elected officials and staff along with key stakeholders including labor unions and advocacy groups to ensure productive engagement and ongoing dialogue related to corporate issues and new business development.
- Analyze and monitor critical government trends, proposed legislation/regulations and industry issues.
- Develop and implement appropriate action plans in order to provide a consistent and favourable business environment.
- Represent company interest by lobbying various local, state and federal legislative, regulatory proposals and other administrative action.
- Must also manage legal requirements associated with lobbying, registration, reporting and other mandates in a timely, accurate and ethical manner
- Experience building coalitions in furtherance of policy and political objectives and proven track record of success.
- Experience with Non-governmental Organizations (NGOs) communication strategies.
- Pre-existing relationships with variety of relevant stakeholders preferred.
- Ability to communicate persuasively with government officials and staff, employees, potential external allies and opponents, and the public at all levels.
- Must be able to establish and maintain internal and external levels of personal and substantive credibility.
- Work well independently with limited direction
- Manage multiple assignments simultaneously and have strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in a corporate environment
- Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness along with attention to detail
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be assertive, take initiative and be able to propose alternate strategies to meet company demands.
- Ability to build relationships and work well across functions
- Must be able to manage competing demands, accept criticism and constructive feedback, while being extremely adaptable and flexible.
- Valid Driver’s License
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List