Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
812950 Job Summary
Accountant Staff Senior
Employer Job Id:
August 18, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
October 17, 2012
Accountant Staff Senior
Summary of Position:
- The Senior Accountant role is responsible for a variety of accounting duties related to timely and accurate monthly close and performing daily accounting activities with a focus on completeness and accuracy.
- Performs control activities to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act and maintain appropriate control documentation. Assist with other internal audit work that may be necessary for SOX compliance.
- Responsible for preparing and posting transactions to the general ledger, reconciling general ledger, including discrepancies, and making necessary corrections.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of work product, proper accounting treatment of transactions, and adherence to best-practice documentation and review standard.
- Demonstrates ability to apply principles of accounting to analyze and prepare financial information.
- Performs various account analyses relating to actual, forecast, and budget performance, preparation variance commentary, and supporting schedules.
- Prepares work papers that are organized, neat, cross-referenced and supported by conclusions.
- Able to use reference materials in researching accounting issues.
- Desire and aptitude to help support the department’s software applications, including BPC and Cognos FSR
- Prepares, examines and analyzes accounting records and other reports to assess accuracy and conformance to internal and US GAAP procedures.
- Has ability to design electronic models to meet specific needs, and evaluate current financial models in effort to promote and coordinate continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information.
Knowledge and Relevant Experience
- BS/BA degree in business, finance or accounting with an emphasis on information systems
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Basic knowledge of overall operations and demonstrates good practical problem solving ability.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills to develop logical and supported opinions.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: the ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience; competence in clear concise and tactful communications with senior management, clients, peers and staff.
- Demonstrates competence in key areas of management and leadership expertise including: relationship management, communication, staff direction and motivation, financial planning and control, quality management, risk management, and the achievement of targets
- Must be assertive, take initiative and be able to propose alternate strategies to meet company demands
- Must be able to manage competing demands, accept criticism and constructive feedback, while being extremely adaptable and flexible
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in USA
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List